Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find TC in Airport Utility

Just moved. before I had TC connected to Internet provider router and could use as wireless backup. Now my airport utility can't find the TC. I reset it as last resort but it still can't find it. Please help!! would love to use it as second router if I can set it up that way. I searched earlier questions but didn't see one about not finding TC in airport utility...

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:24 PM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 2:07 PM in response to debbe

What airport utility are you running?? ie is this windows or Mac or iOS??

The iOS version tends to be the best.. windows is out of date.. Mac version has issues if you run Yosemite.. as it is a woeful network OS.

In the last resort you can do it manually..

Follow all the instructions in this post and it will access it.

Airtport Utility can't find Airport Time Capsule on either of my 2009 Macs

Sep 2, 2015 3:34 PM in response to LaPastenague

I am running IOS. I looked at the post but since it wanted me to connect with an ethernet cable and my mac doesn't have an ethernet port, I didn't do that. However, the way to reset the TC was different than I had had done, so I did the reset and it worked. I just set up a new network and connected my computer to it.

Thanks!!!

Sep 2, 2015 4:59 PM in response to debbe

Ok.. the full factory reset is always the one to use.

Let me also say if your Mac is missing ethernet.. buy a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.. it is a well worthwhile purchase as you can use it on any thunderbolt equipped Mac.. ie almost all of them since 2011.

It is also reasonably cheap. US $29

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD463LL/A/thunderbolt-to-gigabit-ethernet-adap ter?fnode=5f40def46d1d1172deaeab874a14cb…

can't find TC in Airport Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.