Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal deleting new events as soon as created

Is there a fix yet to this problem? Create a new event in iCal. It appears for a few seconds. then puff, gone, replaced by New Event with none of content that I entered. Many others are having this problem; see below. Fix is to sign out of iCloud in Cal preferences. That restores iCal, but not the events that never get saved, and can't do this every time you create a new calendar entry.

This is obviously an Apple problem. Is there a permanent fix in the future. Otherwise, it's back to old days of keeping handwritten calendars

Another with New Events Being Deleted; Signing out of iCloud Scary Warning

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/7088732?language=en

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/7088732?language=en

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), MBA (10.9.5) iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:34 PM

Armondo,

Unfortunately, as you are aware, has been a common problem for many users.

One of my recommendations is to experiment with changing the "Refresh Calendar:" interval in Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts>"Account Information" pane. Mine works fine with "Push." If you are not continuously connected to the internet, try a longer interval or Manual.

Perhaps you may want to let Apple know about your problem using Feedback.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 3:34 PM in response to ArmandoWyo

Armondo,

Unfortunately, as you are aware, has been a common problem for many users.

One of my recommendations is to experiment with changing the "Refresh Calendar:" interval in Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts>"Account Information" pane. Mine works fine with "Push." If you are not continuously connected to the internet, try a longer interval or Manual.

Perhaps you may want to let Apple know about your problem using Feedback.

User uploaded file

iCal deleting new events as soon as created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.