Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover pics from iPhoto ???

It seems that iPhoto is no longer on my Mac. I had years of photos saved to it and now all I can access is 900 photos on iCloud which are also on my iPhone. Is there any way to recover the thousands of photos which I had thought were safely saved on my macbook ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:38 AM

4 replies

Sep 6, 2015 8:44 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for the replies!

I updated the OS to OS X Yosemite (10.10.1) a few weeks ago. When I try to open the iPhoto app on the Macbook it says the version on the laptop is not compatible with Yosemite and that I must download an updated iPhoto app from the App Store. When I go to the App Store, it says that the new version of iPhoto is not avaiable in Ireland.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks so much.

Sep 6, 2015 10:28 AM in response to brenerz

Follow the directions posted by Tererence Devlin in this post. Note the text in red. Also be aware you must have had some version of iPhoto 9.x installed prior to the upgrade to Yosemite in order to obtain iPhoto 9.6.1.

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If iPhoto 9.6.1 is there, close the App Store, drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash and then go back to the App Store.

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

User uploaded file

Recover pics from iPhoto ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.