Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you block a source in apple news

In the iOS 9 News app: How do you block a news source and/or remove a news source you no longer want?

Thanks,

iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2016 6:18 PM

You have to understand that Apple and Google and most other "social" media companies are run by liberals. 90% of the news sources will of course be liberal. You think they would actually allow you to pick Fox News or ignore news from CNN or HuffPo? This could indeed be a great news reader, but only if you're a liberal. This is just another app for the trash folder If you're conservative.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2016 6:18 PM in response to edward183

You have to understand that Apple and Google and most other "social" media companies are run by liberals. 90% of the news sources will of course be liberal. You think they would actually allow you to pick Fox News or ignore news from CNN or HuffPo? This could indeed be a great news reader, but only if you're a liberal. This is just another app for the trash folder If you're conservative.

Sep 16, 2015 12:56 PM in response to edward183

As a parent, I am interested in source control for the News app. Don't want my kids reading certain sources at certain ages.

This article, referencing a WWDC 2015 presentation, suggests there are some kind of restrictions for News in managed devices (if you go to the video it is at approximately 30-35 min). Not the case for un-managed devices?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-whats-new-for-enterprises-in-ios-9/

May 7, 2016 8:14 AM in response to edward183

You can block items as they appear using the menu option suggested but what really annoys me is that as fast as I block things other equally unwanted rubbish fills up the app. I spend very little time reading the news because I'm too busy trying to delete unwanted rubbish. Plus the app allows you to add subject matter you are interested in but there is no way of deleting subject matters that you are not interested in. This could be a good app if these matters were addressed. At the moment it's really annoying. Also I don't live in the US - something that Apple seems to find astonishing!

how do you block a source in apple news

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.