Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS9 & iTunes 11.4 warning

I am running 10.6.8. My iTunes version is 11.4. I just updated my iPhone to iOS 9. The phone updated just fine, however it is no longer accessible through iTunes.

"iPhone cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to donwload the latest version of iTunes."

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 1:03 PM

19 replies

Sep 20, 2015 11:17 PM in response to MacoMaco

Problem solved for me. I had downloaded and installed iOS9 via iTunes and got the "iPhone cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes." message.

I restored my iPhone to 8.4.1 and this time downloaded iOS9 directly from the phone. No problems now connecting to iTunes 11.4. The same thing is true with my iPad 2.

Oct 11, 2015 5:24 PM in response to MacoMaco

I am having the same issue. Intel Pro, iTunes 11.4, iPhone 5, updated to iOS 9.02, same message.

Seems that APPLE is just more and more ignoring its users. No use trying to downgrade by downloading any ipsw-files or reinstallign - from any internet websites as Apple has closed its signature and so the files are rendered useless. I spent hours to reactivate my iPhone, no way.

Apple is this way casting out all users that are not willing to upgrade and buy their latest products. But you guys forget that we already had spent hundrets of dollars for your fancy stuff which now is no more usable. Wow, this is the "new Apple world", thank you Mr. Cook.

iOS9 & iTunes 11.4 warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.