Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay music streaming not working in iOS 9 (13A344)

I was able to stream music from my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2 to my home AirPlay speakers before upgrading to iOS 9. After upgrading, I noticed I was unable to maintain a connection to the speakers even though they are on the AirPlay list and connected to my network. When I press on them and hit the play button to play any song, it will disconnect from the speaker and start playing from my device speaker instead. I press the AirPlay speaker again, and it will not connect and play any music to it.

I restarted my devices and my AirPort Time Capsule base station as well as the speakers and the problem still persists. I used my MacBook Pro to stream music to the AirPlay speakers via iTunes and it works perfectly fine. Any help or confirmation of this bug affecting others running iOS 9 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9, Build version 13A344

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 6:17 AM

I Have the same problem with iphone and ipad it see the airplay device but no sound i guess we have to wait for ios 9.0.1 and ***** if u ask me every update is there sumat wrong with all the cash apple have it about time the made a software virson with no huck-ups

19 replies

Sep 23, 2015 5:46 PM in response to laadam

Same exact thing here, ever since updating to iOS 9. I have been trying to figure out how to fix most of the day and I finally did.

Simple! Update your Apple TV to the latest software. iOS 9 can only communicate with Apple TV if the most recent software has been installed which was just released at the same time. mine was not set to auto update and I'm guessing yours has that same setting

Oct 1, 2015 9:36 AM in response to agent-mike

I Am very unhappy about this as I have recently invested in network audio player and with this OS update I can't use it. The iPhone can see the devices but will not connect to them. How do I revert the operating system to the previous version? as I already have very unsatisfactory performance from my iPhone 6 ( no cellular data at all). This is really unacceptable. How do I get this resolved?

Oct 6, 2015 2:41 PM in response to agent-mike

i0s 9 is a disaster. None of my music apps (classicsonlinehd, medici) work. They either refuse to start to play or disconnect after a couple of seconds. Even safari is not working properly. I wanted to post this on my ipad (recently updated to 9.0.2) but the reply button does not work. I wish I could go back to ios 7. It was last os that worked. To whom do we complain about this fiasco?

AirPlay music streaming not working in iOS 9 (13A344)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.