Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split screen not working for IPad Air 2

I updated my IPad Air 2 and I am able to do the Slide Over feature, but from there I cannot pull it over and turn it into a split screen. My bf has the same iPad and I upgraded his and it works just fine. Not sure what to do about this.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 2:03 PM

37 replies

Sep 13, 2017 3:22 AM in response to Uthman1996

Hi Uthman1996. First, be sure you have enabled Settings > General > Multitasking > Allow Multiple Apps.

Be sure your iPad supports Split View. This requires an iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro.

Then, open one app.

Swipe left from the right edge of the screen to open Slide Over.

Select a different app from the list.

Swipe left again to see the Split View divider.

Tapmthe divider to make both apps active.

Move the divider as desired.

Sep 16, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Katanx

Katanx wrote:

I updated my IPad Air 2 and I am able to do the Slide Over feature, but from there I cannot pull it over and turn it into a split screen. My bf has the same iPad and I upgraded his and it works just fine. Not sure what to do about this.

I Have updated my iPad Air 2 but my split view feature is not working. I have restarted iPad but still it's the same. Please help me with this.

Mahesh.

Sep 17, 2015 8:35 PM in response to Bill504

This was happening to me too with my iPad Air 2 and I think I've figured out why. With slide-over, any app can be the primary app (the one that takes up most of the screen). but only apps that are multitask-capable will show up in the slide-over panel (which at this time are mostly only some built-in iOS apps). However for split screen to be available, *both* apps have to be multitask-capable. For instance, if you have Safari open full screen and then you slide in Calendar, you can then go to split screen. But if you have Facebook open and then you slide in Calendar, you can't go to split screen - because Facebook is a non-Apple app which hasn't yet been updated to work with split screen.

As developers update their apps to work with multitasking, this problem should go away.

Split screen not working for IPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.