Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 drawing on notes not showing up

I just updated my phone today to iOS 9 and it does not allow me to draw on my notes app, any suggestions? I restarted it by holding the power button and home button, did nothing. I just take a guess it's something that will have to wait until their next update :/

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 7:44 PM

24 replies

Sep 16, 2015 8:44 PM in response to emilyb20

I believe you can only draw notes and use the extra features (bulleted lists, etc) on notes that exist in the "On my iPhone" / "On my iPad" folder within the Notes app (I could be mistaken but this is how I'm seeing it). To access and use notes "On my iPhone" / "On my iPad":

1. Open the Notes app

2. At the top of the screen, tap the back arrow

3. Find "On my iPhone" / "On my iPad" in the list

4. Tap on "Notes" under the "On my iPhone" / "On my iPad" heading

5. Tap on the new note icon at the bottom-right

You can now tap the round + button which will reveal the additional features

I don't know if the new features can be added to old notes that already exist on the device unless you move those notes to the "On my iPhone" / "On my iPad" notes folder. I also did NOT update whatever the Notes app was wanting to update when it was first opened immediately after the iOS 9 update (I now forget what that even was).

Sep 18, 2015 6:49 AM in response to emilyb20

upgraded both my iphone 6 and ipad mini 2 to ios9 and notes updated on both with the exception of on my ipad I cannot access the draw feature - the option isn't even visible. I can draw a note on my iphone and it shows up on my ipad but if I go to edit that same note on my ipad again still no drawing option...hope this gets fixed soon

Oct 10, 2015 12:19 PM in response to emilyb20

I have just searched this and while it was loading, I tapped on the iCloud notes, rather than the other notes headings I have available. The little circle with the plus in it shows up in iCloud notes, but not the other ones. Don't know why it won't allow it in the other notes headings, but at least we can use it there...

iOS 9 drawing on notes not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.