Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3 doesn't recognize my iPhone

My iTunes stopped recognizing my iPhone immediately after I updated it to the latest version (12.3) today. When I plug in my device, the laptop makes all the required sounds and the phone starts charging. My iPhone then asks me to allow the laptop to access photos and videos. But that's as far as it goes. iTunes doesn't start syncing with the phone and the phone icon doesn't show up.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with iOS 9 because I had been able to sync my files using iOS 9 after updating my phone yesterday. But immediately after updating iTunes, the problem started.

Has anyone else experienced this problem after updating their iTunes? By the way, I'm using an iPhone 5. I would appreciate any help.

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:12 AM

Hi. Check trobleshooting steps in this article: iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

23 replies

Sep 17, 2015 6:55 AM in response to gnaismith71

Great!

Now the only problem I have is transferring purchases.

It doesn't seem to be working.

My laptop is authorized, but whenever I hit the 'transfer purchases buttons', it claims to prepare itself, then immediately finalizes without doing anything. There are pending updates on iTunes that are already updated on my phone.

I guess this could be an iOS 9 bug then...

Sep 18, 2015 2:13 AM in response to Alking Pirate

I too had the same issue and the USB Controllers did not recognise the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. Solutions mentioned above were of little help.

In the Device Manager, under Portable Devices, select Apple iPhone and Update the Driver Software from the web.

Next, Scan the USB Controllers for any Hardware Changes and Apple Mobile Device USB Driver will appear.

NB: If your version of windows is different, search for iPhone in any of the categories in the Device Manager Tree.

Oct 2, 2015 1:11 PM in response to EYES-T

hi - i had the same problem,

found this in Apple support - it solved the problem for me

Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

1. Right-click the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, or Apple iPod entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver from the shortcut menu.
  2. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  3. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  4. Click the Have Disk button. (If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.)
  5. In the "Install from Disk" dialog, click the Browse button.
  6. Use this window to navigate to the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  7. Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
  8. Click OK in the "Install from Disk" dialog.
  9. Click Next and finish the driver-installation steps. Open iTunes to verify that the device is recognized properly.

iTunes 12.3 doesn't recognize my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.