Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen unresponsive after ios9 update

i grabbed the update on my iphone 6 yesterday, and twice yesterday, my screen was frozen. it would not respond to touch at all. i had to reset twice. anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 8:11 AM

i also grabbed the update on my iPhone 5s today, my screen is frozen. with a "5 JKL" logo, it will not respond to touch at all, or respond to ON/Off.

19 replies

Sep 17, 2015 7:01 PM in response to beerbrewerbrian

I am also getting the same issue. My iPhone 5 has been unresponsive multiple times since my update to iOS9 last night. I need to wait for a good 30-40 seconds before the screen turns on again. The scrolling has been sluggish and freezes. I've reduced Motion in accessibility, which seems to have helped with the choppy scrolling, though has not helped the random non-responsiveness when I want to actually use my phone.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

HOW DO REVERT BACK TO PREVIOUS IOS?

Sep 27, 2015 11:29 PM in response to jamver

I've seen minimal delays on iPads, but iPhone 6 plus has had the issue become so problematic that even 4 hard resets in a row did not recover it.

It feels like it may be a network interaction issue, or possibly an issue with some background process (new spotlight app search?) having inappropriately high system priority.

Sep 27, 2015 11:32 PM in response to jamver

Guys,

My iPhone 6 screen is not working after upgraded to IOS 9 and also can't able to switch off the mobile. Since week i am not able to use the phone and not getting what to do. Anybody know the service center in Pune?

Note ; I have tried to open the phone... but i can't table to open to remove the battery and put back(its my bad luck).

Any help would be gr8

screen unresponsive after ios9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.