Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Nike iPod built in app on iOS 9???

IIt's gone! I used that a ton! I want iOS 8 back Please bring the nike+iPod app back!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 10:03 PM

yes!!!!! i want my app back!!! its the only one that really knows whats going on! all the others seem to miss calculate my runs and are always behind or way ahead! bring back nike+ipod!

29 replies

Sep 19, 2015 8:32 PM in response to northernmomma

My God... I feel so used... I bought the sensor just a few months ago, now I update to iOS 9 and the app is gone... It's like I've totally wasted 20 bucks. I really don't like this. I guess if Apple does nothing about it I will have to downgrade my device to the previous version but that's totally absurd... I mean, I as a costumer should not have a reason to do something like that... I mean, come on, it's not a 15 year old thing, is it really necessary to just remove the app like that?

Sep 19, 2015 8:40 PM in response to NahuelPrieto

NahuelPrieto wrote:

My God... I feel so used... I bought the sensor just a few months ago, now I update to iOS 9 and the app is gone... It's like I've totally wasted 20 bucks. I really don't like this. I guess if Apple does nothing about it I will have to downgrade my device to the previous version but that's totally absurd... I mean, I as a costumer should not have a reason to do something like that... I mean, come on, it's not a 15 year old thing, is it really necessary to just remove the app like that?

OMG!!!!! The sky is falling!!!!!! Seriously, though. Nike stopped supporting the sensor as phones now have built in accelerometers. The app hasn't been installed on phones since the iPhone 5 or maybe 5S. Apple can't sell what Nike doesn't offer. The Nike+ Running app woks just as badly, er, "well" as the built in version with the sensor.

If you prefer a foot pod to the phone accelerometer. Polar makes a very good foot pod that works with the Polar Flow app. Another really great app is iSmoothRun. It uses both GPS and the accelerometer if the GPS signal isn't good enough.

Sep 19, 2015 9:30 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I really appreciate your sense of humor, nice sarcasm, I'm laughing like never before. Seriously, though. The point is I have a useless $20 thing in my hand. I don't want to discard it or sell it to someone who then won't be able to use it. I want to do what I was thinking of when I bought it: run with it on my shoe. I'm the client here, the one who provides the money. My choices should always be respected when I paid for them in the first place.

Downloading the Running App is not the solution; It is just another way of saying "throw your sensor away, it's useless".

Sep 19, 2015 10:22 PM in response to NahuelPrieto

Technology moves on. I doubt there was anything in the agreement of sale that said the sensor would work forever, that Nike would support it forever. In fact, Nike stopped supporting them about 2 years ago, if I recall correctly. Even the Nano doesn't use the sensor anymore.

Take the sensor back to the Apple Store and see if they will take it back. Or, see if you can find an older Nano that still supports the sensor. They can probably be had for cheap.

Sep 21, 2015 4:46 AM in response to Papa♣️Smurf

I agree...this is very frustrating! I do not use a sensor, but my $2000 treadmill has a feature that records workouts to the nike+ iPod built-in app by plugging an iPod directly into the treadmill. I upgraded to an iPhone 6, but kept my iPhone 4S because the treadmill only supports an iPod/iPhone with a 30 pin connector. Even if a converter would have worked (which I was told by the treadmill company it would not because the software in the newer phones wasn't compatible with the treadmill), the iPhone 6 never had the nike+ iPod built-in anyway. Now, when I run on the treadmill, I will have to manually enter my data into the nike+ running app which is pretty much useless because it doesn't show my pace throughout my workouts. At least with the built-in app, it showed a diagram of my workout. Now it's just a straight line. Totally useless!

Sep 22, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Papa♣️Smurf

I am so disappointed that this app has been removed. I have recently bought a pair of trainers to specifically take the Nike+ sensor. I am using an iPod touch 5th generation in conjunction with my sensor. The Nike running app is not a patch on using the sensor as the iPod relies on wifi to get a signal to boost the GPS so is no longer accurate. On top of all that, runs are only measured in Km now. With the Nike+ app distances could be measured in miles. How hard is it to leave things alone? Updates for no reason and they change the features which are used and liked.poor show Apple. Poor show! Not only have I now got a redundant sensor I now have trainers which are not fulfilling the purpose for which they were intended just because you removed an app that wasn't causing any problem. I hope someone from Apple reads this feed and can actually shed light on this matter. Maybe one day I may have a good word to say about Apple but it certainly isn't today!

Sep 22, 2015 4:41 PM in response to Npmcmahon85

Npmcmahon85 wrote:

On top of all that, runs are only measured in Km now. With the Nike+ app distances could be measured in miles. `

The Nike+ Running app that's available as a standalone app most certainly measures runs in miles if you chose.

I hope someone from Apple reads this feed and can actually shed light on this matter. Maybe one day I may have a good word to say about Apple but it certainly isn't today!

No, they don't. However, the reason that the built in feature is no longer available is that Nike stopped supporting the sensor over a year ago.

You can submit feedback to Apple here if you want:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Where is the Nike iPod built in app on iOS 9???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.