Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete apps in iOS9

When I hold down the app, the icons wiggle and I get the Xs to delete but the device freezes and I can't do anything further until I reboot. This is on an iPadAir1 and has occurred only since I updated to iOS9 yesterday. I'm also having the problem connecting to GameCenter that others have mentioned. The same problems are NOT happening on my iPhone that was also updated yesterday.

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 9:08 AM

21 replies

Sep 27, 2015 1:56 PM in response to deborahfromburbank

Having the same issue, though the workaround works. It's a bug I can reproduce (i.e. it's not something that only sometimes happens). Every time I hold down an app until it jiggles, if I press the x to uninstall the app, the whole device becomes unresponsive: can't click out of the area, the main button won't exit shake-mode, the power button won't work even if I hold it down, double-tapping the main button does nothing. The only way to get out of it seems to be to hold both the main button and power together for 10 seconds. But even after that, I still can't remove an app this way.

Update: All apps were affected, but after my 3rd full reboot I was able to remove an app this way. I'm not sure why/what changed.

Sep 30, 2015 8:01 PM in response to deborahfromburbank

I have an iPad Air 2 and since I installed ios9 when I try to delete and app by holding down and clicking the x my iPad freezes for up to 5 minutes and then reboots. I can do nothing once I touch the x. I have taken the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates! but no change. I can deleted from settings usage area. This happens with new apps I just download and older apps that were already on the iPad.

Can't delete apps in iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.