Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Install iTunes 12.3. Getting error as Contact package vendor.

i am Installing iTunes 12.3. During installation i am getting error message as "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.A programme required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". I have downloaded iTunes 2-3 times thinking as may be some error during download. But same error continues. Even it not showing which programme require to complete installation.... Please help.

I am installing iTunes on Windows 7 - 64bit version.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:48 AM

Judging by a couple of other threads you need to repair or uninstall the current version of Apple Software Update for the rest of the installation to proceed normally.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if a particular component won't install normally.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2015 11:48 AM in response to saurabhfrompune

Judging by a couple of other threads you need to repair or uninstall the current version of Apple Software Update for the rest of the installation to proceed normally.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if a particular component won't install normally.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Sep 26, 2015 3:50 AM in response to saurabhfrompune

try downloading from internet explorer instead of chrome. search for downloading itunes on windows. there is so many to choose depending on yr computer system. recently i hv some problem with my windows8. and it works well on itunes 12.1.3 for older video cards. for reference, there is no options on chrome. i haven't try on mozila or others. goodluck

Sep 30, 2015 7:46 PM in response to saurabhfrompune

I had this same problem. I finally uninstalled everything. I had to repair Apple Software Update in order to get iTunes to install.

Apple, I wish your error messages could be more helpful. Telling me that "a program" could not be run doesn't help. Please give me

a specific solution, or at least a name of a program that is having a problem. This and other problems with Apple products reinforces

my decision to stick with PCs. I was amazed that your telephone "support" requires me to pay $29 US to get help installing a "free"

program. From the other comments here, it sounds like the program is at fault.

When your products work, they work well. When they fail, they do not give any help toward fixing them (and I have a degree in

engineering).

Oct 2, 2015 12:01 AM in response to saurabhfrompune

It seems that for some people the obvious initial REPAIR option does work but it does not work for everyone.

I don't see why anyone should be expected to spend THEIR time ridding their computer of all traces of Apple and then doing a clean install of iTunes followed by re-installing other elements.

Even then, past experience has shown me "Uninstalling" does not always remove all traces from the Registry etc and a commercial cleaning programme has to be run.

I learnt my iTunes lesson way back when the 64 bit version was released. ALWAYS download and SAVE the app first. THEN try to install it. If it fails, just run the previous version that was working and wait patiently for the next revision.

NEVER EVER let iTunes or any Apple app automatically update.

I keep at least four previous revisions. Apple is never going to say "oops, sorry we've got a problem with this revision". Big Corporation Rule One "Deny, Deny, Deny"

Oct 7, 2015 1:33 AM in response to efrombenicia

Just had this same problem on Windows 10. Right clicking the Apple Software Updater while in Uninstall a Program and clicking Repair solved my trouble. Mahalo.

Oct 7, 2015 5:29 AM in response to saurabhfrompune

Hi,

I had the same issue with the installation package and, in my case, I recognize the error into the Apple Software Update installed on my pc.

I tried to uninstall it, but at first time it released the same error of the iTunes 12.3 installation package.

I solved in this way: first, repair the Apple Software Update, then remove it.

After this, the iTunes 12.3 installation package worked.

I hope it will be helpful.

PS: sorry if my english isn't clear... 🙂 I'm trying to improve it!

Good luck!

Unable to Install iTunes 12.3. Getting error as Contact package vendor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.