Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsupported Video Format iOS 9

I often import videos using the official Apple SD Card Reader, the videos are from my GoPro and have always worked.

my iPad is a 4th generation. I updated to iOS 9 last night and I can't get any of my imported videos to play. I just get the message "Unsupported Video Format", but before iOS 9 everything was fine.

This is a big problem......

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 12:37 PM

49 replies

Sep 22, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Smeglee

unfortunately that will not work for most GoPro enthusiasts. If I could play my 60fps 1080p videos on an older iOS, there shouldnt be an issue trying to play them now. I use my iPad to store and review videos when I am out in the field. I require 60fps due to the action shots that need slowed down during my edits. I really hope Apple addresses this issue. I will go buy a different tablet if that is the case. Does apple support monitor these threads?

Aug 29, 2016 11:46 AM in response to Jay.Guadagni

I have been frustrated and nobody at Apple Technical Support is willing to help... I have raised this issue ever since I downloaded IOS 9 and now am UNABLE to view or edit videos I have taken with my 4k Camera . Before IOS 9 I had no problem.

I suggest NOBODY download IOS 9... if you are doing video editing..

Not impressed with the lack of follow thru with this problem nor anybody at APPLE willing to address this issue and resolve the problem.

If anybody from APPLE corporate, technical support, or customer care is willing to contact me.. I would be grateful

I have an apple iPhone, MacBook Pro, and iPad ...... have been loyal to Apple.. however if this is any indication of their

inability to address this problem.. I will contact Apple Corporate in Cupertino ....

Please pass this on... This is a major FLAW in the software ....

<Email Edited by Host>

Unsupported Video Format iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.