Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to iTunes purchases.

Since the last iTunes update (12.3.0.44) I keep getting the following without doing anything in iTunes; I just have it open:

A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon.

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 1:54 PM

34 replies

Sep 17, 2015 4:50 PM in response to sixcolours

It actually now appears something has happened to my account as a result of this (don't ask me how). I signed in on another computer running iTunes 11.4, and now I get the same error there. I can download things on my phone (haven't tried accessing my purchases from the AppleTV yet), but it looks like any iTunes is off limits.

Again, if I log in as another user, I'm golden, but the account that was associated with the computer when I updated to the latest iTunes no longer accesses purchases in the cloud.

Sep 18, 2015 8:27 AM in response to sixcolours

Same thing here. Tried to update my iphone yesterday and got same messages. I have Yosemite 10.10.5. When I when into iTunes, File, Devices, Sync Purchases (from iphone to MacBook) it really got weird and was slowly transferring stuff I didn't purchase. 80 misc. things, transferring ungodly slowly. Then I checked my storage and it was starting to drain storage so I aborted.

Apple, what's up????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.