Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple please create a 50Gb iCloud storage annual plan

I'm currently on the annual 25Gb iCloud storage plan at $11.99 per year. I'd like to take advantage of the new 50Gb minimum storage effective September 16. 2015. In fact, this is being offered at a lower rate of $0.99 per month (annualized to $11.88 per year)! Apple isn’t automatically upgrading annual plan holders to the 50Gb storage capacity, and won’t allow us to pay for 50Gb once per year. I’d like to get the attention of the execs at Apple to work out a solution that doesn’t involve raising our monthly recurring costs. Anyone else looking for the 50Gb plan and to pay on an annual basis? C’mon Apple, don’t treat annual payers like second class netizens!

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 9:30 AM

I am in full support! I have been paying annually and was "grandfathered" in for the 20G plan last year. We should be grandfathered in for the 50G now as well.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

33 replies

Nov 6, 2015 2:49 AM in response to Lese1030

I have sent an email to Eddy Cue (who runs iCloud) at Apple to request he consider our request. You can support this request by emailing him as well at ******. Please do email him. I'm concerned that one person is treated as an anomaly, but two or more can become a chorus of like-minded individuals. Thanks for your consideration.

<Email Edited by Host>

Sep 26, 2015 2:00 PM in response to RobKNYC

Thank you for calling Apple today.

Please find case number: --------- as a reference to your call.

My name is Matthew, and I was the advisor who was chatting with Cherell about your issue with your iCloud account. I heard you were having some confusion with it and I thought I would send you on some information that might clarify the situation. In regards to the iCloud storage upgrade, if you decide to continue with your storage plan, you will still be charged the same £7.99 you paid last year, but the storage will be increased from 20gb to 50gb at no cost (the support article attached to this email clarifys this.) In regards to the cancellation of your subscription, from what I can see it has not been cancelled yet, but if you do want to cancel it, you can either cancel it yourself by following the “iCloud storage upgrades and downgrades” article linked, or you can call us on the AppleCare Technical support line and we will be happy to assist you with it.

If you have any other questions or issues at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at AppleCare technical support, as we handle all of the iCloud issues. We can be reached at ----------- or you can click the Contact Apple Support link in this email. Make sure to have your case number handy as it will have all my notes in it.

I do hope this has cleared some of the confusion up, and I do apologize for your poor support experience so far.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

AppleCare Technical Support

Sep 28, 2015 6:24 PM in response to bidddy

Okay so this is annoying.. I just got off the phone with my apple support representative and she informed me she finally got information from the engineering department and the only way I can get 50GB at this time is to cancel my annual plan and go to monthly payments. I told her this contradicts what some of the other apple support team have been telling people and she said her information is accurate as of today (Sept 28). I told her if I canceled my annual plan and the plan did upgrade to 50gb I'm going to be furious. My annual plan renews in 2 days.. anyone else have any confirmation about the 50GB upgrade? I need to make a decision soon and all these contradictions is so frustrating!

Sep 28, 2015 11:29 PM in response to Lese1030

Wait till the 1st, you can cancel still if it does not go to 50gb.

Was initially told the same, need to get hold of someone in apple care they look after iCloud, so I was told.

Apple have not comunicated anything about the yearly plan internally or externally, not looking after their long standing customers very well at all...

Oct 1, 2015 7:19 AM in response to RobKNYC

Very confusing. I had the annual plan at 25GBs a year for $11.99. Just received an email that my subscription was just renewed at $12 for the 25GB plan. I had thought the upgrade to 50GB was automatic. I then upgraded to the 50GB plan for $.99 a month. I have now been charged $.99 + $12 and will most likely be charged $.99 for the following months. I should of had a credit for the $11.99 because the 50GB is the same price as the 25GB plan. Instead, I will be paying a total of $24 for this coming year. How is this fair! I have just paid double! The iCloud email receipt says to contact Apple for a refund, but it doesn't say anywhere who to contact about obtaining a refund.

Oct 1, 2015 12:11 PM in response to JeffA_Irvine

Despite the letter sent to me from Apple and what I was assured on the phone my iCloud is still 25gb. Just off the phone, refunding the £7.99 yearly fee and going on the 0.79p monthly for 50gb was offered, but I have refused at this time and am waiting for a senior supervisors promise of explanation to this fiasco.

Will update when I know more, not happy...

Apple please create a 50Gb iCloud storage annual plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.