Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot clear anything from notification centre in iOS9

Since the iOS 9 update I cannot clear any email notifications from the slide down notification centre if I have already read them, can anyone help? The clear button does nothing!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 3:23 AM

I also have this problem on my iPhone 6.

It only seems to affect emails, all other notifications clear ok. My notifications in the slide down centre are ordered by day, so i ended up with a week's worth of email notifications which wouldn't clear.

I have managed to clear them by switching off email notifications in the slide down centre, then changing the ordering to 'Manual'. This seems to clear out all old notifs, and since i've switched off email notifs it doesn't attempt to re-add them in the new order.

I'm going to keep them switched off in the notifs centre as i get so many it's just as easy to open the mail app to see what i have.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2015 3:23 AM in response to mjstokes85

I also have this problem on my iPhone 6.

It only seems to affect emails, all other notifications clear ok. My notifications in the slide down centre are ordered by day, so i ended up with a week's worth of email notifications which wouldn't clear.

I have managed to clear them by switching off email notifications in the slide down centre, then changing the ordering to 'Manual'. This seems to clear out all old notifs, and since i've switched off email notifs it doesn't attempt to re-add them in the new order.

I'm going to keep them switched off in the notifs centre as i get so many it's just as easy to open the mail app to see what i have.

Sep 28, 2015 4:39 PM in response to mjstokes85

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6 after updating. It seems to be some of the spam email that I could not clear. I had to turn off mail notifications in settings and then power cycled the iphone. That cleared them out. It worked normally for a few days after allowing notifications again, then it just failed again.

Anybody from Apple listening?

Cannot clear anything from notification centre in iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.