Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS9 Airdrop to Mac not working

Trying to connect iPhone 6+ iOS9 to 2013 iMac OS X 10.10.5 via Airdrop but not showing up on iMac or iPhone, worked perfectly before iOS 9.

iPhone can Airdrop to another iPhone and iMac can Airdrop to another Mac, but not iPhone to/from Mac.

iOS update was originally done OTA and have reinstalled through iTunes.

Have tried all suggestions I have come across but still they won't connect.

Anyone have similar problems?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 21.5 in 2.9GHZ i5 16 GB

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 1:10 PM

I just got a new iPhone 6s last weekend and my AirDrop is to working. It was working fine with my iPhone 5S with the latest version of El Capitan. I tried the suggestion about restrictions and that did nothing. Between constant app lock ups since the latest El Capitan update and now this issue with AirDrop, I'm thinking El Capitan still has some major issues!!!

409 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2018 1:10 PM in response to V k sharma

I just got a new iPhone 6s last weekend and my AirDrop is to working. It was working fine with my iPhone 5S with the latest version of El Capitan. I tried the suggestion about restrictions and that did nothing. Between constant app lock ups since the latest El Capitan update and now this issue with AirDrop, I'm thinking El Capitan still has some major issues!!!

Nov 1, 2018 1:10 PM in response to macrobin

I just got a new iPhone 6s last weekend and my AirDrop is to working. It was working fine with my iPhone 5S with the latest version of El Capitan. I tried the suggestion about restrictions and that did nothing. Between constant app lock ups since the latest El Capitan update and now this issue with AirDrop, I'm thinking El Capitan h

Nov 1, 2018 1:10 PM in response to macrobin

Mine mysteriously started working 2 nights ago and that was before the latest iOS update push. It may have been related to troubleshooting an unrelated issue with my iPhone 6S I was working with Sprint to resolve. Hopefully it will stick!

Jan 15, 2017 5:28 AM in response to macrobin

I had similar problems but found a solution. My Mac pro could see my iphone but not the other way. I have tried to log in and log out, enable disable wifi and bluetooth but nothing has helped.

You need an other idevice to make things work. On my iPad I enabled Airdrop and it instantly recognized my Mac pro and iPhone and all of a sudden my iPhone could see My Mac Pro and iPad as well. Since then all my devices are working fine with Airdrop.

iOS9 Airdrop to Mac not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.