Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paid for photo book but iPhoto quit!

Today I created a hardback cover photo book in iPhoto. After paying, it started to upload but then iPhoto quit on me! How do I solve this or how do I get my money back?

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 1:40 PM

2 replies

Sep 19, 2015 9:37 AM in response to xLozx

You probably haven't been charged if the upload did not complete. You can check it by clicking on this button at the top of this page and selecting

User uploaded file

In the next window click, on the Check the Status of an Order link and follow it thur.

User uploaded file

What system and version of iPhoto are you running? Are you able to create a PDF file of the book according to this Apple document: Preview a print project in Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture to avoid issues - Apple Support. Do so, preview the file to make sure there are no errors and save it to compare with the printed copy when it arrives.

There has been problems with the Apple Print Store servers for some time now. Two users reported having talked to senior Support personnel and were told that one must upgrade to Yosemite and either use iPhoto 9.6.1 or the new Photos to upload the the finished book:

Re: greeting card will not upload; it assembles but no upload

Re: iPhoto book not uploading to the store. Quits after assembling

So we're left with either upgrading to Yosemite, getting iPhoto 9.6.1 and ordering or keep trying with what we have and hope it goes thru or Apple fixes the problem. Some users reported success after repeated attempts over time.

Note: to be able to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 one must currently have some version of iPhoto 9 installed on their Mac.

Also report your problem to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html as the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

User uploaded file

Sep 19, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi,

I checked my account online and the money has come out.

My system is Mac OS X version 10.6.8. iPhoto 11 version 9.2.3.

I created a PDF and that all seems to be fine.

I have slow broadband speed so that probably didn't help with iPhotos freak out but I don't want to try again and get charged again for something that I haven't been able to order.

I will have a look at them links and report to Apple.

Thanks.

Paid for photo book but iPhoto quit!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.