Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 phone screen frozen after ios 9 update. Can't see recent calls or missed calls

My iphone 5 is stuck after ios 9 upgrade. When i go to the "Phone" screen, it's frozen, can't switch to other tabs like "Recent calls", "Favourite", etc... And in Setting, the "Phone" tab is also stuck.

already tried hard reset so many times.

Could anyone help please~~~~

Thank you in advance

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 8:56 PM

Assuming this phone was never jailbroken "hard reset" means pressing both the home and lock button simultaneously for up to 1 minute and releasing when the Apple logo appears, try recovery mode as described in this support article:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

28 replies

Sep 28, 2015 12:18 AM in response to panda84

I had the same problem after upgrading my iphone 5s to iOS9. There seems to be some problem in the backup generated before the upgrade. I did a factory reset and setup the device as a new phone (did not restore backup) and then synced all my contacts, apps and music from the cloud.

Everything works perfectly fine now. But i ended up loosing - all my old messages, any app data on the device - chats, games scores etc. 😟

I had a problem with by camera app also freezing, this also got resolved.

Oct 1, 2015 8:03 PM in response to adronn

After installing iOS 9.0.1, I cannot access 'All Calls','Favorties', 'keypad', 'voicemail' everything is frozen and is unresponsive to touch. This is such a big problem. Can't use the basic feature of the phone which is making/dialing calls. I tried rebooting several times by pressing the power button and the home button at the same time but nothing is working out. I am using iphone 5c and this is the biggest problem I have ever faced with iOS update. Hope it gets resolved soon. Any suggestions to work this out are most welcome.

Oct 5, 2015 10:28 AM in response to modular747

Hi- There are lines appearing on screen now- I did all possible steps to recover phone from freezing or restoring but no success. Hard, Soft, Factory reset, all

I have turned off- Siri, Passcode, Location, Handoff and various others. i dont think i would ever launch it!

Since yesterday I can use phone with grids on my screen (white lines) i have deleted most of my apps and have around 9 GB storage free.

Hope you will release a patch for this Bug. Anways i promise now I will never upgrade to your new version atleast for six months going forwrd. Your IT team do not DO testing it seems.

Iphone 5 phone screen frozen after ios 9 update. Can't see recent calls or missed calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.