Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus iOS 9 text screen greyed out

I know after the update I have been having this problem where my text messages get grey out it happens when put it in my pocket or something the only fix I have found is to power rest the phone.

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, Windows XP, none

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 10:49 AM

Go in settings, messages, and turn on the number of characters. Worked for me, don't know why !

17 replies

Oct 3, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Lakelandman

I am having the same issue in addition to my text alert sound & fb instant messenger sound not working. It will show the text in the "banner screen" that I have a new text but will not make any sound. I have checked several time to make sure I did NOT have the vibrate/silent mode on. I have assorted to turn off my phone and held the home/power button to "reset" it with no change. very frustrated as I text ALL THE TIME!!!

Does anyone use the "password" app & if you do will it really back up to iCloud so if I try resetting my phone to factory setting it will retain all my passwords saved in the app?

Thank you,

Tena

Iphone 6 Plus iOS 9 text screen greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.