Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios9 is AWFUL

I just want to say, to anyone that is thinking of updating their OS to iOS9 - DON'T!

It is absolutely terrible and has ruined my experience of having a good phone. My phone used to be really smooth and fast, now it's a nightmare. Even the simplest thing like swiping through your apps doesn't work properly, it's always playing catch up, you do something and you have to wait 5 seconds before it does it.

Apps aren't loading, double pressing the home screen does nothing sometimes, it's locking up, when i slide to unlock, it doesn't unlock half the time, i have to keep sliding and sliding then finally it unlocks, you name it.

My phone is a 5c, so i'm sure apple will say 'yeah it isn't really built for a 5 series', they want you to go and buy the 6 series.

clearly is is a processor hog, and unless you have the new A9 chip that the new 6S has in it, i'm sure your phone will get clogged down.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 2:38 AM

10 replies

Oct 8, 2015 2:47 AM in response to elastic

I have a few issues as well - its not just the older iPhones. I have an iPhone 6 128gb, less than a year old with pretty minimal usage if I'm honest.

Since updating to iOS9 I have noted a few things that are really annoying and to be honest, ruining the iPhone experience, a few of the main issues annoying me are:

- Lag: swiping between screen. Swipe to unlock. Lock screen camera short-cut all affected by irritating lag/freezing.

-Opening apps: including apps that are optimised for iOS9, I open some and there is a black screen for a few seconds before it will actually open. I've never had that in any other iPhone or iOS before.

- Camera: All modes seem to be affected like this: when i press the shutter button to take a picture, its stalls a bit, sometimes even showing the little 'load' animation on the shutter button itself. The pictures I'm taking are nothing special in good conditions. Panorama pictures are now affected by a really strange 'flickering' is all I can describe it as...it's reminiscent of the effect you get when filming a computer screen or similar - if you know what I mean.

- Spotlight search: often doesn't work correctly when I swipe down on my screen, sometimes the keyboard shows up in landscape as opposed to portrait (?). Also, the home screen behind sometimes doesn't get blurred out.

- Battery: So I work 9-5:30 and I use my phone minimally through out the time I'm at work, maybe for 30/40 minutes or so whilst I'm on my lunch and that will only be for replying to messages, i typically use my computer for things like FB, e-mail etc. When I had iOS8 id would usually end the working day (5.30pm) on about 85 - 90%%. Since iOS9 update, with the same usage, same settings it now drops to around 75% with no extra usage. Further more, the power savng mode, IMO, really does jack.

- Internet connectivity: iOS9 has somehow really effected the internet connectivity on my phone. When at home all my other devices work just fine, no problem but my iPhone with ince getting the update - constantly drops connection.

Just thought id share my frustration, after all, I'm English and love a good moan 🙂

Oct 8, 2015 9:26 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Hi Jonathan, agreed, these issues seem limited to a very small handful of users. I have seen no issues with any devices running iOS9.0.2 here and that is speaking on behalf of over 60 devices just being used at the Studios, let alone family and friends (yes I do have them 🙂) So obviously these issue are rare and it's difficult to advise these individuals who just refuse to take their devices in to be looked at.

Good grief, iOS 9 has even been blamed for ruining someone's Selfie Stick

That is my favourite post of the week. Next it will be causing iPhones to bend that didn't bend under iOS8!!!! 😝

Pete

Oct 8, 2015 9:48 PM in response to elastic

Yes, it’s generally been a dreadful release — even for folks like myself who use an iPhone 6+. But it’s especially bad for folks who have older Macs, like I do. That’s because if you plan on backing up your iPhone 6+ running iOS 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 to iTunes 11.4 on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.6.8, you will discover that your iPhone no longer will communicate with your Mac. At that point, your iPhone 6+ is totally orphaned from iTunes. The only recourse to this fugly problem is that you have to upgrade your Mac to at least 10.8.5. Ugh. That’s not for me. I’m going not going to do that because the legacy programs that comfortably work in 10.6.8 on my iMac no longer will run on Mac OS X > 10.6.8 if I upgrade. It’s a classic Catch-22.

And, oh, did I mention that if you go to iOS 9.0.1 or 9.0.2, Apple won’t tell you in advance that your iPhone will be orphaned? No, Apple doesn’t. Surprise, surprise. Shame, Apple, shame.

ios9 is AWFUL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.