Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendars not syncing after watchOS 2 update?

Successful 2.0 update. iPhone 6 (iOS 9).

Calendars (iCloud, Gmail, and Exchange) not syncing.

• Unpaired and reset as new
  • Turned off and deleted calendars; turned them back on
  • Multiple reboots
  • Reset sync data multiple times

None of these fix attempts work. I have read that there may be some MDM-related issues.

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 7:43 PM

58 replies

Sep 21, 2015 8:42 PM in response to jblanco

Couple of observations :

1. Prior to the update to WatchOS 2.0 the calendar entries were showing up on the Apple Watch. This included both personal as well as company calendar entries.
  2. I have some MDM policies on my phone for my corporate email.
  3. Subscribed Google Calendars e.g. Holidays In Singapore shows up on Apple Watch but not for the rest of my Google Calendar entries.

Sep 22, 2015 5:54 AM in response to vgrund

This is a particularly vexing issue because the calendar notifications are the major use case for me. I am a business user... I live and die by my many calendar entries. I cannot be alone in this. The watch calendar was buggy and unreliable in 1.0.1. I had to reset my sync data every week or so or random calendar entries would not sync. What good is a calendar if it is not reliable? Now in 2.0, no entries whatsoever are syncing, Net result, the calendar remains a joke and the watch remains in the toy rather than tool category. I would imagine lots of business users have similar MDM restrictions.

Sep 22, 2015 7:33 AM in response to jblanco

It definitely seems like an error with the MDM profile blocking the sync between the Watch and the iPhone. Once I deleted the profile from the phone, the calendar synced perfectly, but as soon as I reinstalled it, I was showing no events on my watch. Seems like something has to be updated either from Apple's side or from an internal IT side.

Calendars not syncing after watchOS 2 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.