Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID account locked for 8 hours

Does anyone know how I can reset my Apple ID security answers I have forgotten what the answers are to my security questions I have tried going onto password and security and clicking send reset steps to my email but never got email after waiting over 3 hours and now my account has been locked for 8 hours and cannot buy anything off the AppStore which is what I wanted to do in the first place but it asked me for the answers when trying to buy a game on my iPad Air 2 the same happens on my iPhone which I have made purchases on it before does anyone know how I can reset these questions as its saying I need to answer these questions to purchase items and is also saying it's my first purchase on this device.

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Christopher69B

If you aren't receiving the email to your rescue email account then try contacting Support in your country to get the questions reset : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page then try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset check that your rescue email address is spelt correctly : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or if it's available in your country you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

Apple ID account locked for 8 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.