Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery got significantly worse with iOS 9.0.1

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced significantly worse battery issues with iOS 9.0.1

When I upgraded to iOS9.1 the battery became excellent on my iPhone 6. It was lasting upwards of 2 days - the best I have ever experienced with Apple.

When I upgraded to iOS9.0.1 this morning the battery is draining faster than a bath without a plug in it.

Does anyone have advice? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 3:48 PM

I updated this morning and am experiencing rapid drain of my battery on my iPhone 6. I have had to keep my phone plugged in so I can complete a phone call. The phone is heating up more than acceptable and the battery is draining 5% a minute on average since the update. NEED AN IMMEDIATE FIX ON THIS ONE.....

39 replies

Sep 29, 2015 4:56 PM in response to jamesfromsidcup

Yep. I'm experiencing unusual battery drainage with my 6 plus after updating to 9.0.1 and its been a nuisance. I was able to go 2+ days with a single charge with light usage but now its like less than a full day after regular use. I'm glad to know that it isn't just me having this problem. I'm not sure if Apple will release a quick 9.0.2 update to fix this problem but I don't want to wait 2 months to get a new update.

Oct 1, 2015 7:13 PM in response to jamesfromsidcup

I use ip6+. I upgraded from ios 8.3 to ios 9, then ios 9.0.1, and finally yesterday to ios 9.0.2.

I find the battery is drained faster than ios 8.3 once i upgraded it to ios 9. Version 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 dont seem to improve the battery draining at all.

I have not changed any setting in ios9, as in all the settings are using the same as ios8.3 settings.

The rate of draining is like 1% per 1-2 minutes for simple browsing of Facebook apps or other apps, no gaming apps.

My overall impression to the ios9 was quite good,but the battery draining rate is not acceptable, it has ruined my user experience. I have been wondering what functions or features that have added into ios9 that behave like a big battery sucker... I wish to have ios8.3 back.

I wonder if apple will take notice of our comments here and make something out of it?

Oct 1, 2015 7:18 PM in response to juliuszen

The battery drainage on my 6+ improved a bit after updating to 9.0.2 from

9.0 and doing a factory erase. I recommend doing this after

updating. Battery life on 9.0.2 in contrast to 8.4.1 is disappointing.

9.0-9.0.1 are terrible firmwares full of bugs. These are some of the

same problems that plague Android and it was one of the reasons why I

switched to iPhone but come on now.

I'm hoping to see another firmware update to improve battery life and

performance.

On Thursday, October 1, 2015, Apple Support Communities Updates <

Battery got significantly worse with iOS 9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.