Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My text message field have a grey bubble with 0:00

After the update this morning I am unable to get the text field empty. I have this bubble with a 0:00 in it blocking my texts !

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 6:54 AM

19 replies

Oct 1, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Sherylmrtn203

I am able to fix this temporarily by doing any of the following:

1. Power off the phone and back on

2. Close the text message app

3. Turn on or off the "show subject field" setting

None of these solutions are permanent - the problem comes back.

Is anyone from Apple reading these comments? This is a major fail and needs to be fixed ASAP. Update 9.0.1 doesn't fix it.

Text message is one of the critical apps on smartphone, and this bug is a major problem.

Oct 4, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Stephen Morimoto

I also have the 0:00 grey field that prevents me from viewing what I type. As a work around I press return 3 times to shift the grey box out of the way. Occasionally the keyboard is missing when responding to new text messages which requires me to open the text twice before I'm able to respond.

128GB 6S

IOS 9.02

Factory firmware was reloaded at Apple a few days ago to fix a different bug that caused my screen to black out when launching an application for the first time.

Anyone having this other issue? iPhone 6 updated to ios9 screen goes black when I open an app

My text message field have a grey bubble with 0:00

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.