Related Article: Move from Android to iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable transfer data using "Move to iOS"

I try to use "Move to iOS" app to transfer data from my Samsung Galaxy Note using Android 4.0.4. But it shown error message "Unable to migrate" after key in the code. Any ideas how to solve it?

Thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:48 PM

34 replies

Jan 6, 2018 7:04 AM in response to meekuen

I had this same problem for two days trying everything to troubleshoot it. Nothing worked. I had a Samsung 6 edge and went to the iPhone 8. Took it to Verizon, they have a content transfer app for Android to iOS and they had everything (messages, photos, apps, videos, and contacts) transferred in less than an hour. I had over 10Gigs to transfer over. I can finally start enjoying the phone.

Word to the wise...forget the 'Move to iOS' app and take your new iPhone in to your carrier. 9/10 they'll have an app to transfer everything over in a few minutes saving you time and frustration 🙂

Sep 27, 2015 11:23 PM in response to meekuen

I also cannot get this to work. I have a Samsung Galaxy note edge and no matter what, it fails after preparing for about 5 minutes. gives a cannot migrate error and try again later. I've tried dozens of times, reseting the iPhone in iTunes, restarting my android as well as trying airplane mode and reseting WiFi settings on it.

I took my iPhone to a tmobile store and they stared at me like i was crazy to be experiencing this but i need my messages on this iphone, or it will be returned. This is for work and I also cannot be dealing with this for days with no solution. Not sure what to do at this point.

For reference I am trying to migrate to a brand new iphone 6s plus

Sep 28, 2015 11:56 PM in response to meekuen

After 10 tries I got my HTC M8 to communicate with a brand new iPhone 6.

What I tried was turning off data services, bluetooth and making sure there was no SIM card on the old phone.

It worked, I selected what I wanted to transfer (messages and contacts), transfer started, but was interrupted after 5%:

"Start over: The transfer was interrupted. Do not switch to other apps or turn off this device until the transfer is complete."

I tap "OK"(only option) and both phones go back to the first screen.

HTC is prompting for a code, while iPhone is still "transferring".

This is terrible. I thought the PlayStore reviews were just bad blood, but they really aren't.

Unable transfer data using "Move to iOS"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.