Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instead of 'Trust This Computer' phone now says 'Allow this device to access photos and videos' and will not sync with iTunes. Please help.

I think it was after latest update, I plugged my phone into my computer to back it up but nothing happened.

I updated the computer, I uninstalled iTunes, tried 3 different cables, all apple originals, but nothing!

Can't get the computer to recognise the phone, and puts up same message when plugged into different computer.

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 6:18 PM

Okay, I got it fixed thanks to Apple Support.

You need to to go your uninstall program and uninstall these items.

Itunes

Bonjour

Apple application support 32 bit

Apple application support 64 bit

Apple mobile device support

After these have been uninstalled, go to itunes.apple.com and re download Itunes.

After it was done downloading and installed, I was able to connect back to Itunes and sync my devices.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2015 6:18 PM in response to Clownprince23

Okay, I got it fixed thanks to Apple Support.

You need to to go your uninstall program and uninstall these items.

Itunes

Bonjour

Apple application support 32 bit

Apple application support 64 bit

Apple mobile device support

After these have been uninstalled, go to itunes.apple.com and re download Itunes.

After it was done downloading and installed, I was able to connect back to Itunes and sync my devices.

Sep 30, 2015 8:29 PM in response to ktwhoopi

I had this same problem. To fix it do the following:

1. Disconnect your phone from your computer.
  2. Go to the device manager in your computers control panel
  3. Uninstall your iPhone. It should be listed under portable devices. Just right click, then select uninstall.
  4. Re-connect your phone to your computer and the 'Trust this Computer' message should reappear.

Yay!!! Problem solved 🙂

-Mary

Instead of 'Trust This Computer' phone now says 'Allow this device to access photos and videos' and will not sync with iTunes. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.