Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s - Calculator App Crashes When Opened From Lock Screen

I just got a 128GB iPhone 6s today and have updated it to iOS 9.0.1 and things are mostly working, except when I tried to launch the calculator app from the lock screen (screen shot http://i.imgur.com/A3ohpfu.png ) , the app will open, then close after a second, and I'm returned to the lock screen. Has anyone else seen this? I don't have the problem on my iPhone 5s that is also running iOS 9.0.1.

I can run the calculator app just fine if I try to run it from the swipe up menu, or by tapping on the app from the normal springboard launcher as long as I've got the phone unlocked.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1, Silver - 128GB

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 3:33 PM

32 replies

Sep 27, 2015 6:21 AM in response to obsidianspider

I was having the same issue but remember that it worked fine when I first activated the phone but started having the issue after restoring from a back of my previous phone (5s). So this morning I restored and set up as a new device and it seems to be working fine. Kind of stinks to have to wipe all the apps and settings and renter all the credentials but maybe this solves the issue?

Also, I'm looking online for a way to restore only sms and/or photos to see if I can at least have those back on the phone. I'm currently looking at this post: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/03/06/how-to-back-up-restore-sms-messages/

Sep 27, 2015 3:19 PM in response to cakelian

Well I spent several hours with tech support.....the problem appears to be a bug when moving date from the 5s.....same with all the cards in wallet being out of proportion. There is not fix as of now, but after 6 restores and a final set up as a new device all is well.....except for a ton of lost data which resides in the back up on my computer.

Sep 27, 2015 3:19 PM in response to MikeD1017

Yup, basically what I did, except for dealing with tech support, and no issues so far *knock on wood*.

The instructions in my first post above worked to restore sms messages. In the comments in that post, there was an instruction for restoring photos back to the camera roll too but I didn't bother going that far since I have all photos/videos backed up and saved already.

It could've been worse I guess.

iPhone 6s - Calculator App Crashes When Opened From Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.