Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3d touch not working

Hi, when end I try to use 3D Touch on my iPhone 6s. All that happens is I get the cross in the corner of every app which gives me the option to delete them. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 5:29 AM

45 replies

Sep 27, 2015 4:02 PM in response to digvijay87

I suggest this may be a misunderstanding of how 3D Touch works, and it does not work with all applications. If you press down on the screen a get a quick double-vibration, then 3D Touch does not work on that particular applications. 3D Touch works by pressing down on something that works with 3D Touch, and the amount of pressure determines what will happen. You might want to review 3D Touch in the iPhone User Guide. http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/

Sep 27, 2015 4:29 PM in response to CandyKopylec

I don't understand what makes you think there is a feature such as you describe.

This explains the new functionality provided to Messages with iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S+:

http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph01ac18d71

There is no 3D touch feature such as you describe.

To get some recent contacts, on any iPhone, you would start typing part of the recipient name in the "To" field.

Sep 27, 2015 6:42 PM in response to sberman

YYou clearly don't know what your talking about!! I did it before. If there are conversations already in your texting application when you 3D Touch will come up with an option for those contacts you were texting or a new message option. It was doing this before the 9.0.1 update now that I updated it no longer does this!!! It does in fact bring up the contacts to message them if you already had a conversation started with them!! I work for a big cell phone company I know what I'm talking about!! It worked before the iOS 9 update! There is a glitch with it!! I have posted on another feed where others had the same issue after the update!!

3d touch not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.