Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9 update - iTunes no longer sees my phone! can't get to backup

Hi I just updated to ios 9 last night ----- Big Mistake!

I now can't synch my iphone 5c with my apple laptop - which is fairly old and running OS 10.6.8 and itunes 11.4.

NOTE: my laptop will not upgrade to a later OS - incompatible.

I can't upgrade the iTunes - due to the OS

And now since the latest IOS 9 phone update, iTunes no longer recognises my phone!

Overnight my set up as become useless!

all of my phone data is backed up on iTunes!

I've tried restoring settings, but it seems the IOS 9 is locked in and I can't roll it back anyway.

APPLE please help!

If I can roll back the IOS briefly I can go back and grab my backed up data from uTunes!

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 3:44 AM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:58 AM in response to pierowmaniac

Hello Pierowmaniac,

I have EXACTLY the same problem, but unfortunately no solution...

After updating my iPhone 6 to the latest 9.0.2, my MacBook Pro (which can't be updated beyond 10.6.8) won't recognize the iPhone when I open my iTunes version 11.4 (which again can't be upgraded any further)

I successfully DOWNGRADED back to 9.0.1 which has been working fine with my iTunes for the last couple of weeks, but now I just get an iTunes message telling me to upgrade beyond 11.4... Which ISN'T POSSIBLE..!!

I'm sure you find it as infuriating as I do that your iPhone is backed-up in iTunes but you just cant get to it..!!!

Sorry I can't help... I'll let you know if I eventually find a solution, or maybe the nice people at Apple will beat me to it..!!

Mike

IOS 9 update - iTunes no longer sees my phone! can't get to backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.