Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S plus screen issue

Anyone having iissues with their screen on the new iPhone 6S Plus? I'm seeing uneven lighting on top of my screen. I'm seeing very subtle black spreading across on top of the screen and it's annoying me when I'm viewing something in a white background. You can't see it right away but if you focus your eyes, you'll see the uneven distribution of light. I heard that it's a backlighting issue. I'm shipping my phone back to Apple Store tomorrow but I'm wondering if anyone has this kind of issue.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.1, null

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 2:38 PM

54 replies

Sep 24, 2017 11:23 AM in response to MacRainer

Me too. I got the same problem. I notice it when I reduce the brightness of the screen. I see the small gray spot at the top left corner of screen but I don't know whether is it a dead pixel or just dust. But if I increase the screen bightness to the maximum the spot is unnoticable. So I thought it maybe dust under my screen protector. I decide to remove my screen protector and observe it without screen protector. It's still the same. Nothing change after I cleaned my screen at the gray spot area. It doesn't disappear. I feel dispointed with this issue. I don't know what to do. Is it happen for every iphone ? Is it normal ?

Oct 30, 2017 1:38 PM in response to EagleFox

I have a Space Grey, 128GB iPhone 6S Plus. Bought it in November 2015 and the first signs of shadowing in the upper left corner appeared 6 months later. I went to Apple Store (in Brazil we have the amazing number of TWO Apple Stores, so you can picture the size of the line we have in support) in October 2016, and the screen was replaced without charging me for it (warranty was still good). Apple support informed me that even though my warranty would expire in 1 month, there was a 3-month warranty for that tech support. So, my phone was perfect for the next 6 months, and the boom. Same problem again, exact same shadow, same corner, same size. I could not believe, how unreliable this screen is!

One more time, went back to Apple Store and for my surprise: they could not replace my screen again, or the phone alltogether, without charging me (Brazilian costs: 900 BRL for screen replacement = ~270 US dollars, or 1600 BRL for phone replacement = 484 US dollars). This is now a 2 year old phone that happened to have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM twice, after 6 months of use each. But Apple does not have a quality program for this iPhone 6S Plus screen, so all of us can pay for several screens, every 6 months.

Oct 3, 2015 4:02 AM in response to Yra8

Yes but the trick is you have to be online at exactly 8AM and check the availability at your local stores in your area. Once you find the phone you like, reserve it rightaway because believe me it will run out so fast just in seconds. Apple told me that they receive shipment everyday but very limited quantity. I found mine on that day and made a reservation in the afternoon. I brought my phone with the original box and accessories and made the exchange.

Oct 8, 2015 7:31 PM in response to EagleFox

My issue started today, and I purchased the 64GB gold 6s Plus on Sunday, 10/03. When I called Apple today, the rep acted like she had never heard of my issue and tried to blame a software glitch. She had me do a hard reset, then told me to wipe my phone and restore it from yesterday's backup.

My backlight has affected the left 1/3rd of the screen and it's quite obvoius what the problem is.

Oct 8, 2015 8:41 PM in response to La_CosaNostra

Take it to Apple Store instead of calling. it's much easier to convince them because they can actually see the issue. Mine is very subtle and it's hard to notice but the guy who helped me was able to see it even he had hard time seeing it. He made a recommendation for phone replacment right away. It's a new replacelenr and not just a refurbished.

Oct 13, 2015 11:05 AM in response to mattscarf

I Could be wrong but I think every 6s and 6s plus is gonna have this. At the bottom left corner it's small but I think the cause could be the new Taptic Engine. i think it's right under the lcd so that's what's causing that small shadow because I got my new replacement and as I was walking out of the Apple Store, there it was in the same spot smh... But eventually you forget it's there

iPhone 6S plus screen issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.