Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Glass Screen Protectors do not work on 6s

Picked up my new iPhone 6s on Friday. Always have used glass screen protectors on all my iPhones. Currently have the Zagg HD Glass on my work phone (iPhone 6 Plus). Anyway, picked up new 6s, grabbed a Zagg Invisible Shield HD Glass protector. Went to apply it, and it will not seat the entire edge of the device. About 1/4" in from the edge towards the center, it leaves about 1/4" gap where you can visibly see the glass protector has not seated the glass all the way.

Long story short, 6 screen protectors later, tried using an off brand at the kiosk at a local mall, (made for iPhone 6), and same deal. Was at the Apple store earlier, and told that the glass in the 6s is the same exact curvature as the 6. Went back to the Apple store later that day, was told the curvature is completely different.

The gentleman who sold me the off brand protector at the mall kiosk said he had the same exact issue with a customer earlier that day, had them return the phone (6s) for a new one and he was able to apply the protector no problem. At this point I walked into the Apple store and was told that the curvature is different and need to wait for new protectors spec'd to fit the 6s.

I know Zagg makes the Glass Luxe for the 6s, but I am not a fan of the colors.

My question is, can anyone confirm the curvature of the glass is in fact different than the 6? I've applied numerous Zagg Glass protectors on my 6 and never has this issue.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 6:53 PM

195 replies

Jun 5, 2017 6:49 PM in response to Malave M

DO NOT buy the glass screen protector. I dropped my phone which previously had the glass screen protector on. However the protector didn't help, my phone is smashed BUT the protector is fully intact. What a great spend of £25... there was no pout in me spending a small fortune in a glass creek protector when my phone has scattered and the protector is in the smal perfect condition. DO NOT BUY, waste of money

Sep 29, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Malave M

I actually tried 3 Zagg's, and 2 Spigen glass screen protectors designed for the 6. They all had the same results where the sides are not sealing properly onto the screen. Overall, it does not look good. I thought it was user error on my part, but I had an agent from At&t and also Best Buy try to install one of these, and also had the same results.

Oct 7, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Malave M

I have tried the Zagg glass Luxe and it did not seal properly. On both sides there is about a 1/8 line that runs down the screen where it is not sealing completely. I thought it was because I had a Spigen case on. So I bought a Spigen full cover Glass and have the same issue. Spigen states that their cover works with all their cases well the same issue happened as did with the Zagg. The 6s design had to have changed slighly for this to be happening with two different manufactures. Zagg insists nothing changed. I will be contacting Spigen today as it looks horrible.

Oct 7, 2015 7:16 PM in response to msobochan

I have the same issue. Using a Gadget Guard Black Ice glass protector for "iPhone 6/6s" the outer 1/8" edge of the glass guard does not adhere to the iPhone 6s screen. You can press slightly and see that it will then make contact, but upon releasing pressure it comes back off the screen once again.

I've tried 4 different boxes at the store with the salesperson putting on two and me putting on two. Same results. So I know it's not an application error. I believe that the screen in the 6s is ever so slightly different than the 6 and the result is that glass screen guards made for the 6 do not fit like they should on the 6s.

Oct 7, 2015 8:45 PM in response to Malave M

I'm having the same issue. I've now tried 4 different brands, all with the exact same problem. I emailed intelliARMOR about their edge-to-edge intelliGLASS Pro glass protector and they said they have applied them to numerous 6s's successfully. I don't buy it though. I've now found multiple threads on Reddit, this thread here and various comments on Amazon suggesting that something may be up. There's one particular guy on Amazon, who said he was able to see schematics for both phones and one of them (not sure which) has a screen radii whose lateral center is 2.15mm from the edge as opposed to 2.78mm on the other. So there you have it. I think if you wait a while, you'll see some of the glass manufacturers twig this and adjust accordingly. But until then, we'll just have to deal with the full length air bubbles. Yuck!

Oct 7, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Malave M

Im glad I am not crazy. I was told by almost everyone (except for the 2 Apple tech's) that the screen is the same exact dimension as the 6. I mean, logically speaking, most of these companies had the dimensions way before the release date. More than enough time to design and manufacture a glass screen protector for the 6s. In my opinion its a bit sad to buy a premium product and have to wait this long for a glass screen protector. The one guy at the Apple store argued with me I don't need a glass screen protector does no more protection than the bare screen itself. Glass screen covers are far superior over anything else for scratches.

FWIW, I've been told, basically convinced by everyone that sells these covers that they have installed it on a 6s without any issues at all.

Oct 7, 2015 9:39 PM in response to Malave M

I already have tiny hair line scratches on my 6s from one day without a screen protector. You can only see them under a really bright lamp but they're there. I should have added to my last post that I bought 2 Anker tempered glass protectors off Amazon about 8 days ago, only to see that they took the item down a few days later. It's back up there now but in the title it says - not compatible with iPhone 6s.

Oct 8, 2015 7:35 AM in response to Malave M

I have notified both Zagg and Spigen which in my option are two of the better companies that supply good products of the problems. I have sent pictures and have requested refunds from both as what they are advertising to work with the Iphone 6s is not true. I have asked both to put their product on the Iphone 6s and validate what their customers are going through. In my option these manufactures should have done their do diligence to validate months ago.

Oct 9, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Malave M

I bought 3 Tektide flex tempered glass screen protectors from Amazon for 2 of our 6s's (1 extra just in case 1 cracks). The 1st screen protector on the 1st phone left a 1/8" line on both sides, so I took it off and applied it on the 2nd phone. On the second phone, it only left a 1/16" line on one side and 1/32" line on the other side. So we thought maybe we didn't clean the 1st phone completely. I opened a second glass protector and cleaned the heck out of the 1st phone and when I applied a "new" screen protector, it had the same 1/8" line on both sides.

So, these 6s phone's curvature are not all the same. There are slight variations from phone to phone, and the curvature on the iPhone 6s is more pronounced than the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6 Glass Screen Protectors do not work on 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.