Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3.2.1 preset loading issues- "No document could be created. The file isn’t in the correct format."

Hi all, I've been having trouble with MainStage since it's latest update to 3.2.1. Every time I try to load the guitar preset with intention to use the tuner function, the guitar preset will not launch from the quick start menu and I receive the message "No document could be created. The file isn’t in the correct format.". After 3 times uninstalling MainStage and trashing preferences with no luck, I've discovered that the issue is related to the audio input device, namely if no input device is selected when opening a preset, it will load fine. Once in, you can select the input. However, if you load with an input device selected, up comes the message. I'm hoping that someone else is reading this and having similar issues? Hopefully the MainStage team can correct this bug?

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 10:13 AM

13 replies

Oct 1, 2015 5:56 AM in response to kris2the4

Almost the same problem, when I try to open my old concert either from MainStage or from the finder it gives me this message: The document couldn't be open. The file isn't in the correct format. (Sorry if the translation isn't perfect the message is in french for me).

BIG PROBLEM I have rehearsal tonight and concerts this weekend end and I will never have the time to rebuild all off my concert...

Please Apple Fix this quickly!

Oct 1, 2015 11:11 AM in response to magicosor

Hi you should do what RC tech says. Go to preferences select no input and read in your preset....save it to a new file name and then go back into audio and set it up how you want it. the new preset you created should work ok. It did for me. Basically convert all of your presets with the audio in set to none and then you can use them as normal after you have set audio as normal. You should be ok for your gig.

Cris

Oct 1, 2015 11:13 AM in response to Cris from Walton-on-Thames

Thanks everyone- yes, this did work for me. Hopefully everyone's issues with MainStage will be resolved soon, I probably don't use the program to it's fullest, and so thankfully I didn't have major issues reloading lyrics, extensive patches and losing data. Really sorry to those who have, I know how much work goes into creating those concerts!

Oct 1, 2015 12:22 PM in response to magicosor

Do what Cris says, or what i did: restore from TimeMachine backup to a non updated version.

"Hi you should do what RC tech says. Go to preferences select no input and read in your preset....save it to a new file name and then go back into audio and set it up how you want it. the new preset you created should work ok. It did for me. Basically convert all of your presets with the audio in set to none and then you can use them as normal after you have set audio as normal. You should be ok for your gig."

Oct 1, 2015 12:30 PM in response to wabrito

You mean restore the whole mainstage installation or just restore the concert file? If you’re talking about the mainstage file I already downloaded an old version from my server but it still

doesn’t work

Clément Barbu+ 33 1 81 29 50 22

+33 6 47 09 68 76

www.clementbarbu.com

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Apple Support Communities Updates

Oct 7, 2015 4:57 PM in response to kris2the4

Additionally to my last post, MainStage is now crashing often. I'm using multiple playback (backing) tracks, and, when loading them at the set level (i.e. I want to use the same playback sounds with multiple different patches) adding additional channel strips or playing the backing tracks will cause MainStage to crash and send a report to apple. Is this me, am I handling backing tracks incorrectly, or is this the program? I've used this exact setup before, and experienced nothing like this in terms of the overall fragility of the program.

MainStage 3.2.1 preset loading issues- "No document could be created. The file isn’t in the correct format."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.