Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the issues with iPhone 6s?

Hello,

I've been making a list of issues I've noticed since purchasing my iPhone 6s on Friday. I've wondered if these are common issues seen with the new phones in general, if they are common among all phones running the current iOS, or whether they are specific to me.

I have an iPhone 6s 64GB, iOS 9.0.1 installed. Restored from iPhone 5 with current iOS.

1) Phone was randomly dead.

I had my phone in my sweatshirt pocket, and I pulled it out and it was completely off and would not restart. Home button was very hot. I plugged the phone in and did not start to charge. Did a hard reset and this turned the phone on. Phone had 92% battery when it came on.

2) SMS messaging does not work often when in landscape mode.

SMS works fine in Portrait (except when issue 3 happens). When it is turned to landscape, the screen responds erratically, if at all. I would say this happens 75% of the time. Reset fixes this problem temporarily. This does not seem to happen with iMessages.

3) Gray Box with 0:00 timer appears in message entry field.

So sometimes there is a gray box over the field, so I can;t see what I am typing, but can still send messages and can see them once they are send in the conversation box. I know others have had this issue.

4) cards in Wallet too Big.

Self explanatory. They are fine when I access the wallet from the lock screen with my touch ID.

I am just throwing these out there, as I don't know who to tell them too. Maybe someone else has gotten an answer to one or all these issues and can add to this. Please let me know if you also experienced these issues so I know its not just me. Thanks!

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 9:57 AM

12 replies

Oct 9, 2015 5:46 AM in response to MicroBarb

I too have a 6s 64gb iPhone, got it on 9/25. It has shut itself down several times now. Talked to support and tried reinstalling backup but not to sure of that working. Now I am having Bluetooth issues that it seems its not as reliable as my 5s was. I have been reading more and more of this(shutoff issue) as people are having it happen to them as well.. I did see something about the A9 chip in this iPhone has 2 different makers (Samsung ) and (TSMC) . I have a Samsung A9 chip..I found out by going online and reading about it and installing Lirum lite app . Don't know if there is anything to having a Samsung chip and the shutdowns as well as the iphones being hot but I only hope Apple figures this out fast. and can fix it with patches and ios updates.

Oct 10, 2015 11:35 PM in response to kewilks

i had a similar issue with my iphone 6s 32gb.. i also have an samsung chip .... it switched off with 54% battery life and it didnt turn on before trying several times by pressing volume and home key.... i don't except all this from apple after waiting to buy one for so long ... should i report to apple ???????

Oct 13, 2015 9:20 AM in response to voza49

It's not a samsung chip issue - I checked and had the TSMC chip in mine and it did the same. Restoring settings seemed to do the trick as it didn't do it again after that....

Other issues I've had - Calendar not responding to touching on individual date, icloud backups corrupting, health app wouldnt allow me to enter any data points.

After 5 calls to report issues to apple, I took up the option of the express replacement service through my apple care plan. No issues so far with the new one (restored through iTunes instead) and all the app issues i had with the old one are fixed now. Possibly an iCloud restore issue causing most the problems?

Oct 13, 2015 9:50 AM in response to MicroBarb

I had the self shut down problem, needs a hard reset to start up, 2 days after receiving the phone. Apple support said send it back for repair/replacement. As it was within the first 14 days, so covered by the distance selling regs. I asked for a relacement.

Received the replacement today which would not connect to wifi. After discussion with support, who couldn't fix the issue, this one has gone back for a refund.

Will try again in a few months when hopefully the issues are sorted.

What are the issues with iPhone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.