Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to iOS 9.0.2 I started to use my iPhone 5c and the screen just faded to black and now it is unresponsive. I have tried pressing the home button and power butter together and connecting it to iTunes. It syncs but gets stuck..help

After updating to iOS 9.0.2 I started to use my iPhone 5c and the screen just faded to black and now it is unresponsive. I have tried pressing the home button and power butter together and connecting it to iTunes. It syncs but gets stuck at step 6. It won't take phone call either. It like it's turned off and I can't turn it back on! I don't know what to do so Help please?

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 3:46 PM

18 replies

Oct 2, 2015 6:37 PM in response to donnafromsomerville

Same thing happened to me just a few hours ago. I updated to 9.0.2 last night then this morning when I opened an app, it was not working properly. I locked the screen, then when I tried opening it, the home and lock button was not responding or showing the unlock screen.

Tried to long-press the power button, then the Apple boot logo appeared and seemed to be stuck there. Help.

Oct 3, 2015 6:05 AM in response to Alchameo

Same here. Updated last night, iphone crashed this morning and was stuck on apple boot logo for an hour

I held down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for 10 seconds to force a power down but it wasn't woking so I held the home button down until I got a message on my screen telling me to plug it into itunes. When I did, itunes gave me a message that the iphone is in "recovery mode" and it needed to download iphone software to install it on the iphone. It also said that if this didn't work I might have to reset my iphone to factory settings.

Update: I tried to restore my iphone as above, but it gave me an error message "2006"

iphone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Oct 5, 2015 6:16 AM in response to donnafromsomerville

I have this issue with my iPhone 6+ and after being at witts end and starting to shake my phone vigorously I found that when I do that for a little while the screen will start to work again until it locks up then I shake it and turn it around. It sounds like I am making this up but I am an IT Professional and was trying everything I could think of before taking it to Apple. If there is no update on the software to fix this I will be visiting an apple store to figure out what the heck they have done to brick their phones so badly.

Oct 6, 2015 6:27 AM in response to donnafromsomerville

Same problem exists with my iPhone 5...Updated to 9.0.2 two days ago and since then it doesn't wanna start. I keep getting the iTunes icon on startup and when i plug it into iTunes, its telling me to update or recover - in which neither works....So now i have an iPhone with no hardware faults that wont turn on because of this stupid update...Apple needs to do something about this because these updates are causing a lot of trouble for loyal customers

Oct 6, 2015 10:19 AM in response to concon49

Here is some bad news. First of all, all of the Apple stores in the St Louis Missouri Metro Area are full until Saturday for appointments. I called Sprint and the technician said it is for sure an IOS issue and nothing really works if the downgrade of IOS to 9 or 9.01 from 9.02 doesnt work. He said they cant swap peoples phones as it isnt hardware related. Pretty much he said we are dead in the water due to apples horribly failed updated IOS that they forced on us and unsigned the old working one. The reason they did this is because of the iPad pretty much and that seems to have a lot to do with the phones not working. They really better get their **** straight soon with this because people all over are getting very frustrated that there isnt anything we can do. Apple could at least sign IOS 8.4 for our phones again until they fix 9 correctly.

Oct 7, 2015 3:05 PM in response to deepgandotra

I called the Apple help line and they advised that I create a backup using my computer on ITUNES then restore the phone. I'm not going to do it though as clearly the fault lies with 9.0.2 it will be the same operating system so what difference will it make?

Really beginning to lose my patience with Apple at the moment, their devices seem more buggy than ever.

And don't get me started with my IPAD it seems less and less compatible with sites the longer I have it such as hotmail, can't even create a new email whether through the mail icon or via the site.

After updating to iOS 9.0.2 I started to use my iPhone 5c and the screen just faded to black and now it is unresponsive. I have tried pressing the home button and power butter together and connecting it to iTunes. It syncs but gets stuck..help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.