Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download paused and won't restart

I'm trying to upgrade to El Capitan from Yosemite on my Mac Pro. The download got paused and now it won't resume (just says "waiting"). Any idea what to do?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 9:14 AM

28 replies

Oct 1, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Tom Benthin

I have this exact problem and there's nothing else to upgrade than the OS itself so I would like to know how to make it restart.

I just upgraded my macbook air quick and easy, never paused though, but my imac doesn't seem to restart no mater what I do and I can't even delete the "el capitan" icon from the applications folder, I never got to download a single megabyte -.-'

If its there a link to download out the ps store please point me out because other than that its dead :\

Oct 2, 2015 2:08 PM in response to sumitrawat

It worked for me. That's a terrible bug in AppStore. Apple, fix it! now! The workaround is not a solution. ⚠

sumitrawat wrote:

after searching about an hour i found the solution and it worked for me..

App Store > purchased > Check for Unfinished Downloads , in m case it was OS X Yosemtie and OS X EL Capitan ( I clicked on OS X Yosemite) and the it worked.

User uploaded file

download paused and won't restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.