Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store login problem: AMD-Action:authenticate

Hello

Just updated to El Captain, and now I can't sign in into App Store, with an "An unexpected error occurred while signing in." error, with details: AMD-Action:authenticate?guid=3C07544XXXXXX.

Tried to remove Library/Application Support/App Store as suggested on some web pages, and reboot, but with no luck.

Any help is welcome.

Alberto

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 12:44 PM

34 replies

Oct 1, 2015 1:51 PM in response to Alberto Simoes

I have the exact same problem right after upgrading to El Capitan (10.11). Same error messages... "An unexpected error occurred while signing in." with details "AMD-Action:authenticate?guid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" with a different GUID, though. I can login to the Apple ID through this support forum, through the manage your Apple ID webpage, through the iTunes application, but just not through the Mac App Store.

Oct 3, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Alberto Simoes

Just to keep this thread alive.

Same error message on all mac with GM beta installed before 15A282 released this week.

It's something related with pref panel : there's no line "pre-release software update" anymore.

Tried to set time correctly, to trash crlcache.db and ocspcache.db, to repair keychain, to trash store pref (and kill cfprefsd), to deactivate LittleSnitch and Firewall...

Oct 3, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Alberto Simoes

In my case I solved the problem in the following way: After trying some of the solutions proposed to no avail I logged out of my account and logged into my kids' account in my iMac. While logging in I was asked to log into my iCloud account, which I did. After that I was able to log into my app store account and do the updating of my apps. I do not know whether the problem will continue in my own account, but at least I was able to do the updating.

Oct 3, 2015 6:06 PM in response to Alberto Simoes

Ok, so this gets a little weirder.

Not only can I log in to iTunes and this site with the Apple ID in question, but it also continues to work successfully on the iOS version of the App Store on my iPhone and iPad. But, the real kicker is that when I checked the App Store on my iMac today... I noticed that 2 of the 3 applications that were waiting to be updated had updated themselves on their own as of today and are listed as the most recent entries under "Updates Installed in the Last 30 Days"! I suppose that the App Store does have a background update capability and I'm sure that it worked this way before, but this was unexpected to me in this situation, since I cannot manually authenticate.

Since 2 out of yesterday's 3 app's needing updates did update... I assumed that my authentication problem had somehow resolved itself. So I tried to manually update the 2 apps showing as requiring updates (1 from yesterday's 3, and 1 new one as of today). Nope. I got the same "AMD-Action:authenticate" error as always. In theory, I suppose, I could live with just background update functionality (if I could rely upon it)... but I cannot download & install *new* purchases if I so desire.

Lastly, I tried contacting Apple for support through thegetsupport.apple.com site. Unfortunately, that was of little help, as the responses I received were of the variety: "Although I am happy to assist you in anyway that I can, I am limited on what I can do technically. We have a great team over in our Technical Support Department that will be able to work with you over the phone in order to resolve this issue for you." I thought it was maybe the heading I had selected on the getsupport site, but I tried twice... once under "Account Management | Using an existing Apple ID on Mac App Store"... and another under "Connecting & Downloading | Connecting to Mac App Store". Apparently the getsupport site really doesn't link you to *Technical* support, but rather just customer service representatives that cannot themselves forward your case to the proper Technical support teams. Very disappointing. I suppose I am going to have spend all afternoon on the phone to try and contact the right person.

App store login problem: AMD-Action:authenticate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.