Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to OS X El Capitan, Canon LBP 6000 won't print

After upgrading to OS X El Capitan, Canon LBP 6000 won't print. Please Help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 4:31 PM

42 replies

Jul 24, 2017 2:17 PM in response to shane_p2277

For anybody having problems with Canon scanning software MP Navigator Ex with El Capitan (My printer is the Canon MP190)

This from Canon - download ICA Driver v 4.0.0 (Mac) https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifuncti onals/inkjet/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp190…

Then forget about MP Navigator Ex and scan with 'Image Capture' in Applications

Oct 1, 2015 5:53 PM in response to shane_p2277

1. Delete the LBP from Printers & Scanners

2. Open Finder and select Go > Go to Folder. Then type the following and press the Go button

/Library/Printers/Canon

3. Here you will see the CUPSCAPT folder. Trash this folder.

4. Restart your Mac

5. After you log back in, download and install the latest Canon CAPT v3.85 driver that supports El Capitan

6. Open Printers & Scanners and add the LBP600

Now see if you can print again.

Oct 2, 2015 9:23 AM in response to PAHU

After upgrading to OS X El Capitan, Canon LBP 6020 won't print. Please Help. I have upgraded to the appropriate driver. Followed the instruction for shane_p2277. At one point I could print the test page then nothing. Now it says some printer components are missing. What do I do?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inches, mid 2014)

Agneta

Oct 3, 2015 3:44 AM in response to PAHU

Hi, thanks for this. I had similar problem with Canon MP620 scanner operation - had "A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect.Try the installation again." error message.

Followed your instruction to delete the existing Scanner Drivers (IJScanner folder). Reinstalled drivers using most uptodate Canon scanner driver: ICA Driver Ver. 3.1.0 (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9). Powered off & on the MP620, reopened Scanner preferences and all working fine now.

Thanks for the pointers.

Nov 22, 2015 5:26 AM in response to shane_p2277

THis worked temporarily. Each time the computer wakens from sleep, or just comes back from screen saver mode, or restarts, the printer will work only after the software is reinstalled. Canon support suggested "resetting the printer" on apple's OS, which I did, then downloaded a fresh copy of the new driver Mac pkg. from Canon's website. Now the LBP 6000 can't be reinstalled - nothing appears on the printer drop down menu - the printer is still connected as it was (I checked). How do I manually add the Canon as the default printer, if it doesn't appear as an option to add it? Mid 2011 iMac. HD not even half full.

Nov 22, 2015 4:00 PM in response to almost clueless

almost clueless wrote:

Now the LBP 6000 can't be reinstalled - nothing appears on the printer drop down menu - the printer is still connected as it was (I checked). How do I manually add the Canon as the default printer, if it doesn't appear as an option to add it?

If the USB connected printer does not appear in the Add printer window, then there is no manual method to add it. Instead you will need to determine why the printer cannot be seen by the Mac. The most likely cause of your issue is the USB printer cable. There is an application on the Mac called System Information that can help with checking the USB cable. When you open System Information, in the left sidebar you will see an entry labelled USB. If you select this the top right pane will show all the USB busses in your Mac and under one of the busses should be the printer. If you don't see the printer then this explains why you cannot add it. So try another USB printer cable and even another USB port on the Mac. Once you see the printer listed in this USB view then you should be able to add it again.

Jan 14, 2016 2:13 AM in response to shane_p2277

I have similar problem.

I am using Macbook Pro 13" late 2013 version. After upgrading my OS to OS X El Capitan, my Canon printer LBP7018C did not work with the driver. I could make my printer printed after re-installed a new printer driver. But now, after the printer was idle for a while, the printer could not print again until I restart the printer (turn on and off). It is very annoying and want to know how to solve this problem. It was working perfectly fine before my OS upgrade.

Hope someone can give me an advice.

Jan 18, 2016 9:27 AM in response to lauding

I have this problem too

iMac 21" late 2012, my printer is Canon LBP 6020

laudingJan 14, 2016 2:13 AM Re: After upgrading to OS X El Capitan, Canon LBP 6000 won't print
Re: After upgrading to OS X El Capitan, Canon LBP 6000 won't printin response to shane_p2277

I have similar problem.

I am using Macbook Pro 13" late 2013 version. After upgrading my OS to OS X El Capitan, my Canon printer LBP7018C did not work with the driver. I could make my printer printed after re-installed a new printer driver. But now, after the printer was idle for a while, the printer could not print again until I restart the printer (turn on and off). It is very annoying and want to know how to solve this problem. It was working perfectly fine before my OS upgrade.

Hope someone can give me an advice.

After upgrading to OS X El Capitan, Canon LBP 6000 won't print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.