Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange calendar not working on El Capitan

Hi.

Ever since I've upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan, the Exchange calendar is no longer showing up on the Apple Calendar.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Exchange account in general with El Capitan?

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:33 PM

24 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:37 PM in response to RF8881

Same issue. I have an invite in my calendar sent to 4 individuals and an email list/group (always worked in the past).

The individuals got the invite and responded - no email back to me, just a tick in the invite. The group email never received the invite. I was able to email them the invite (an option in iCal), but again I am not seeing their responses.

But wait...also, though the event is in my iCal calendar I do not see it when I view my calendar via OWA.

Oct 5, 2015 5:07 PM in response to RF8881

Hi.

Update:

The calendar was not working on MBP Retina 15" Late 2013 model. But I've discovered the calendar was working on iMac 27" Mid 2011 model.

So, I've tried copying the Calendar related files from "Library" and "Containers" from iMac to the MBP, and now the Exchange Calendar entries are correctly showing up.

I hope Apple can fix the underlying issue though, especially if they want to see enterprise customers buy Macs in larger quantities.

Oct 14, 2015 2:18 PM in response to RF8881

After the initial upgrade, my Exchange calendar data was not showing up in iCal at all. Removed the Exchange account from the list in "Internet Accounts" and added it back. The existing calendar data from Exchange was showing now, however any new entries in iCal will not sync to Exchange.

Seems like the entire Exchange sync function is broken.

Oct 14, 2015 2:32 PM in response to jbrooksga

Hi JB. I left it overnight and on checking this morning everything is working for me now. It seems that after you remove and re-install the Exchange account it takes quite a while for it to sync up properly and start working. So if you have just done this leave it for 4-8 hours and then see if it is still not working.

It is pretty annoying that Apple don't want you that one will need to completely re-install your Exchange account to get it to work. Again if Apple want business users to use their platform for business then they need to jack up their service, support and information around items like Exchange. Or Apple will simply lose us back to Windows.

Nov 5, 2015 1:35 AM in response to RF8881

Since El Capitan, my Ical doesn't handle one Exchange account as it should.

While updating I keep on receiving this error:

User uploaded file

I already tried deleting the account en reconnecting it. Didn't help.

Ik also work with Busycal, which handles Exchange much better than Ical. Not a problem at all.

I ask this, because I would like to try working with Fantastical 2, which uses the local cal accounts.

Suggestions, anyone?

Exchange calendar not working on El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.