Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Banned Apple Support Communities Account

Hello,

My husband's Apple Support Communities account shows its been banned when he tries to login. He's been a member for probably 15-20 years and has no idea why the account Has been banned.

Can anyone help getting it reinstated?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 4:38 AM

I'll pass your concerns on to the forum moderators.

18 replies

Oct 2, 2015 8:38 AM in response to kathifromwoodbury

Howdy kathy

If your husband is now posting as " NinjaR01 " to My support community account was deleted?? - you can disregard what is quoted below from that thread.

I said:

If you were banned for cause, you would have received an email with " Apple Support Communities - Temporary Ban " in the subject line - preceded by some number of emails regarding " Apple Support Communities - Post Removed by Host " - OR - your account has been associated with SPAM posts (unceremonious removal of posts/questions)

The " ASC - Temporary Ban " email can be replied to ( i.e., NOT from "noreply@apple.com" )

Use the Reply To feature in your Mail client to contact the Community Hosts directly.

Oct 2, 2015 9:28 AM in response to kathifromwoodbury

OK. IF what I quoted above is applicable, then follow that parallel path while awaiting any contact from stedman1's report to our Hosts.

If it is NOT, then there may be a new "glitch du jour" in the SiteWare and/or its databases

Can you clear up the two variables for us? (they MAY actually be related after all )

If no emails, then glitch - pretty simple

Oct 5, 2015 9:16 AM in response to kathifromwoodbury

I too will pass this along... keep "bumping" if you do not hear something and we will keep passing it along

*to be fair, the nearly simultaneous rollout of iOS 9 and El Capitan has resulted in a "We are experiencing a higher than normal call volume, please continue to hold and we will be with you as soon as possible" situation here in the forums and likely all across Apple Support. Host s are busy bees in other words.

Oct 7, 2015 2:44 PM in response to kathifromwoodbury

Howdy kathi

Before we report again, ya'll need to do some stuff:

• Have you checked your email provider's WebClient SPAM folder for emails from Apple Community Hosts? Do so.

IF there is email there, all this waiting for the Hosts to contact you have been a waste of time

• I see no answer to Kurt's question above:
    " Does the message say user Grayn280, or user asfahan has been banned? "
  • With his "normal" action flow, demonstrate for us what exact steps are being taken to get the error message - quote the exact words, verbatim

Take screenshots at every step = FULL Display (CMD + SHIFT > 3) and post as you describe your actions

Tag, you're it...

Oct 8, 2015 8:04 AM in response to kathifromwoodbury

kathi - I am clear = crystal, now and then

you are misunderstanding me, I guess...

• check your SPAMƒ for RECENT email from the Community Hosts regarding the reports we have made from THIS thread
  • have him TRY AGAIN
    • record steps taken and take screenshots
    • answer Kurt's question when you get the error about being banned
    • and
    • COPY/PASTE the entire message and/or take screenshot

WHEN he was banned is irrelevant to the task at hand

Banned Apple Support Communities Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.