Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!! Game center white screen

I can't play games that require connection with game center. When i open game center is a white screen, i've eresed all my data and made a back-up and still not working.

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 4:34 PM

13 replies

Oct 2, 2015 8:14 PM in response to Skydiver119

I Am having the same problem plus a lot more since updating to ios 9.0.2. GameCenter is white screen. I did as you suggested but as soon as I tap on GC in settings my ipad freezes. It also freezes in some game apps, Dragon Mania Legends and Monster Legends. My DragonVale won't even open at all. I've hard closed my iPad and alse reset my ipad. Nothing is working. Any suggestions? Any way to back out of an ios update? Thanks, Carleen Manson

Oct 4, 2015 5:35 PM in response to Samikman

I have the same issue with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, its frustrating as **** not being able to get direct answers from Apple on this BS. Apple customer support is far too difficult to access, this may be the last straw for me and my family, we have 3 ipads and 5 iphones and am considering changing to more friendly electronics manufacturers. It should not be as difficult as pulling teeth to get issues like this resolved!

Oct 4, 2015 6:31 PM in response to Huntnphool

I have had the same problem with game centre since updating to ios9.

Posting on this forum had the same advice: reboot. This does not solve the problem.

Agree, apple support is not accessible and requires a service fee in excess of $30 upfront with no guarantee of a solution.

Nice tactic ............. roll out a defective upgrade then ask customers to pay for support.

Oct 4, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Skygamer

I get your frustration. However this is a user to user forum. So while sometimes our suggestions are fixes, they are just user fixes. And there is yet to be a silver bullet fix. For some rebooting helps, for others, logging in via the settings panel helps. I think a lot if it may boil down to individual games and how they are coded to work with Game Center.

If you wish to make this issue 'exist' have it be logged and counted. Send Apple feedback via this link

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Contact the developers of the games you are having issues with and let them know of your problems.

Oct 4, 2015 8:08 PM in response to Skydiver119

I Appreciate your reply Skydiver119 and realize this is a user to user forum, the point of my post was not only to look for a solution, but to also expose the ridiculous hoops that Apple forces their customers to jump through for tech support.

I've tried all the "user to user" suggestions without success and have attempted to contact Apple support, but find it appalling that they actually charge $29 to speak with anyone in their support facility.

This is clearly a issue for a lot of users and should be something Apple wants to get fixed asap, yet it has proven next to impossible to get a solution, a solution they don't even guarantee if you spend $29 to talk with "genius" about.

"Contact the developers of the games you are having issues with and let them know of your problems."

Who is the developer of "Gamecenter"? This is a "Gamecenter" issue, the inaccessabilty of the games themselves is a result of a Apple iOS update, not the games or developers.

Oct 6, 2015 5:36 AM in response to Mitzy88mihaella

Have you tried this? I took it from another thread with the same problem and I am interested to see if it works for anyone else.

Tigghiker Sep 27, 2015 7:20 AM
Re: Gamecenter not working post ios 9 update, help please in response to eleclady

i was having the same issue on my iphone and one of my family's ipads. I finally found that in settings the automatic time update had been turned off (presumably during the update?). Putting it back on mostly fixed the issue.... when it reoccurred on my phone, i checked settings and the automatic time setting had reverted to off.

I don't know if it'll work for anyone else, but it seems worth a try before you downgrade to ios 8.4.1 or set up your device as new....

Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically (slide on, so it shows green)

I went into gamecenter settings and into gamecenter both after doing this - it was slow the first time but at least it worked and the games worked afterwards. I powered the iphone off and on but not the ipad - both worked. I'm not sure you need to go into gamecenter settings or gamecenter, but i thought i would mention i had done so in case it matters.

Help!! Game center white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.