Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s doesn't update battery status

My iphone doesn't update the battery status after charging. If I plug it in at, say, 30%, it will be stuck at that. Only a restart will bring it to 100% and have it act normally - until I plug it back in. Any ideas?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:00 AM

11 replies

Oct 4, 2015 2:49 AM in response to Spotzi

Same question here. My phone is 6s Plus. Reset settings and restore back to default were done but still no luck. Battery percentage will freeze randonly at a point and will stuck until a reboot.

Apple support please bring us an answer/solution. Hardware problem? I got two of them facing the same problem.

Nov 8, 2015 11:02 AM in response to Spotzi

HI,

6s is my first iphone and i was freaking out coz i had this problem. I used to restart my phone 4 to 5 times A day. It definitely started after i started tweaking time for candy crush. Yesterday I deleted candycrush and the phone is back to normal.

try it for yourself, i am sure it solve the problem for you too.

Dec 13, 2015 7:16 PM in response to Spotzi

I had the same thing happen to me, it kept getting stuck on 62% battery even after being charged overnight but if I turned off the phone and then back on again it updated to 100%. I was changing the date/time to get more lives for candy crush (like I had been doing with my 5s) and today was the first day I haven't had to reset the phone. So I think its the changing the date/time which confuses the phone.

iphone 6s doesn't update battery status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.