Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airtel 4G Dongle not working after upgrading to OS X El Capitan

I have been using Airtel 4G for many months but today it stopped working after I upgraded MBP to OS X El Capitan.The Model is HUAWEI E392u-92. I tried searching updated s/w from Huawei website but could not locate. Does anybody facing this issue? How can I rectify it ? Please .. if anybody has any answer..

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:09 AM

Some other users are report same problem but they may be with different dongles. All you do is try finding updated drivers.

Frequently manufacturers will stop providing updated drivers for an old product.

31 replies

Oct 4, 2015 9:22 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I was using OS X Yosemite, and it worked fine till then. But after I updated it to 10.11 (El Capitan), no signal is showing. In windows PC its working. I contacted the ISP and they said blatantly that :-

Greetings from airtel!

This is in reference to your email regarding network issue on your 4G number 8xxxxxxxx4.

I regret to inform you the device HUAWEI E392u-92 would not support the operating system OS X El Capitan.

Kindly request your cooperation.

For any support regarding your 4G LTE services, you can always call our exclusive 4G LTE toll free customer care number 18001030405. You can also write to us at 121@in.airtel.com

For further queries, please do email.

Oct 14, 2015 7:28 AM in response to apurbakm

This worked for me (Sweden Tele 2, Mobile Partner, HUAWEI E3276).

1. Turn of System Integrity Protection IN OS X. http://www.imore.com/el-capitan-system-integrity-protection-helps-keep-malware-a way

2. Start Mobile Partner-program via dmg (not via the already installed program) and then cancel instead of install (the program must already be installed)

3. In Meny för Mobile Partner, check för upgrades. When the modem check for updates it starts working. Don't upgrade.

Oct 14, 2015 10:45 AM in response to apurbakm

ithallpressen'ssolution worked for me. I just needed to disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) and not do the other two steps. After the system rebooted with no SIP, I was able to see the LTE bars and connect via the airtel App right away.

I could not even see the Huawei option in my Interface options without disabling SIP. However, I do not want to keep SIP disabled. Therefore, I might just have to wait for an update for either El Capitan or the Airtel App.

Airtel 4G Dongle not working after upgrading to OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.