Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTel 4G not working after updating to EI Captain

Hey Apple!

My AirTel 4G is not getting detected after updating to OSX EI Captain. Can you help? Iam literally stuck.

I tried a re-install, but now it throws an error while installation.😮

Device Model: AirTel 4G ZTE MF825A

Thanks

Masroor

Teamtechops.in

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:01 AM

Contact AirTel. Seems you need El Capitan compatible drivers. Other users have reported same problem but with different cellular dongles.

Based on this

Airtel 4G Dongle not working after upgrading to OS X El Capitan

it appears you need to get another dongle since AirTel does not support El Capitan

10 replies

Oct 8, 2015 7:16 AM in response to ashish_k

Very likely that the software is not signed for El Capitatan

This

https://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/3kp27l/where_can_we_report_malware/

includes

The gist is that no user -- not even root -- can write to /usr, /bin, /System, and /sbin or debug protected processes. Apple has also removed the ability to use unsigned kernel extensions through boot-time flags. It's important to note that SIP can be disabled, through the recovery partition, but this will typically be done only for development and testing purposes.

Oct 21, 2015 11:48 PM in response to musisani

I managed to get over it since I had un-installed the Airtel connection manager and wasn't able to install it again on Mac OS X EI Capitan. I went to Huawei website on the following link and mentioned my dongle model i.e. E3272 and download the Mobile Partner package for Mac OS X 10.11 (EI Capitan). For me installation took longer and at last it failed but application installed successfully.

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=31322

I attached my Airtel Dongle to my macbook and it detected the LTE signal. I created a manual profile with name as "Airtel" (though you can name anything) and set the APN to www.airtelgprs.com and was able to connect to network without any issues. Huawei already published the updated installer package for USB dongle in September but it seems Airtel is too slow to customize and provide it to its customers.

User uploaded file

Jun 25, 2016 3:39 AM in response to musisani

The best Solution. This is for AIRTEL ZTE MF825A. First Download the patch file in the following website.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B314fks4e-XUY2Z0cFFkaWc5YU0/view

It is a zip file. Open this. You will find patch.dmg. Open this. Click "OPEN".

It will show "Please Drag your Packge here : "

Now open Airtel . Drag the "Airtel 4G" to the box and click "Patch".

Thats it problem solved. Now your Airtel 4G works as a brand new one.

- Mohan Kumar

AirTel 4G not working after updating to EI Captain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.