Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Move to iOS from Android Not Working

hello, I'm trying to make the switch from my Samsung S5 to the iPhone 6S by using the move to iOS however I can't get the devices paired.

I Get to the point where I have the code on my new iPhone 6S, enter this on to my Samsung yet they do not connect.

Both phones are connected to the same wifi until the code is displayed.

Any ideas?!?

iPhone 6s

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

There's another thread about this -- try putting your Android device into airplane mode so it doesn't kick off the wifi network during the process. We had to restart the Android phone because it was still having problems keeping connected even in airplane mode initially. After the restart, we got to the page to select what data to transfer, and the phones stayed connected and transferred data as advertised.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jul 21, 2016 2:53 PM in response to cmullenax In response to cmullenax

Any advice on what to do if putting the android on airplane mode does NOT work? Android accepts code "Connecting to iPhone...", then "preparing" appears on both devices. However, a few moments later the android shows the same error message as it did when off airplane mode: "internet unavailable on iOS(insert various code here)"?

This "preparing" on both devices goes on for several minutes until it gives me the failure.

Have tried this several times 😟

My new iPhone is connected to my data plan AND stable wifi

Sep 21, 2016 3:55 PM in response to Nickl360 In response to Nickl360

Hi Nickl360, here is the process that worked for me

Turn your (non apple) phone/device to Airplane mode

Now turn 'on' your wifi and connect to any network (say wifi network A --this is to have internet access) on the (non apple) phone/device. Open the Move to IOS app

Get to the enter the code from you apple device ---> Enter the code shown on your apple device set up page

Now your (non apple) phone/device will disconnect from the wifi network A and connect to another wifi network (temporarily) formed by your apple device.

After about a few good minutes of "preparing for transfer" or "preparing" you will see the options of data that you can transfer to your apple device from your (non apple) phone/device.

Select the relevant things you would like to move and press 'next' / 'done' and leave the devices close to each other till the data transfer is complete.

Good luck!!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Apple recommended

Oct 10, 2015 8:27 PM in response to Nickl360 In response to Nickl360

There's another thread about this -- try putting your Android device into airplane mode so it doesn't kick off the wifi network during the process. We had to restart the Android phone because it was still having problems keeping connected even in airplane mode initially. After the restart, we got to the page to select what data to transfer, and the phones stayed connected and transferred data as advertised.

Oct 10, 2015 8:27 PM

Reply Helpful (27)

Jul 21, 2016 2:53 PM in response to cmullenax In response to cmullenax

Any advice on what to do if putting the android on airplane mode does NOT work? Android accepts code "Connecting to iPhone...", then "preparing" appears on both devices. However, a few moments later the android shows the same error message as it did when off airplane mode: "internet unavailable on iOS(insert various code here)"?

This "preparing" on both devices goes on for several minutes until it gives me the failure.

Have tried this several times 😟

My new iPhone is connected to my data plan AND stable wifi

Jul 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Reply Helpful (8)

Jul 30, 2016 1:49 AM in response to karisrenee In response to karisrenee

Ive been fighting with the same problem for most of the morning.

For me it was the pop up message on the android saying "no internet connection" that seemed to be interrupting the transfer - possibly because the android treats it as swapping to a different app or similar. Stupid huh? There's an option to "not display this message again" on that error. I selected that and then waited for the whole process to fail and then restarted The transfer. Worked first time.

You have to be quick on the error but there's enough time. Maybe just me, but wanted to share in case it helps anyone else!

Jul 30, 2016 1:49 AM

Reply Helpful

Aug 13, 2016 8:14 AM in response to Nickl360 In response to Nickl360

Hi,

Even I'm facing the same issue, when I enter the 6 digit code in my android mobile it shows "Connecting to iPhone" then its end up with "Could not communicate with your device", I have connected both my iPhone and andriod phone in a same wifi network. Also i have tried putting my android mobile in Flight mode but still nothing works

some one please help me with this !!!

Aug 13, 2016 8:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 21, 2016 3:55 PM in response to Nickl360 In response to Nickl360

Hi Nickl360, here is the process that worked for me

Turn your (non apple) phone/device to Airplane mode

Now turn 'on' your wifi and connect to any network (say wifi network A --this is to have internet access) on the (non apple) phone/device. Open the Move to IOS app

Get to the enter the code from you apple device ---> Enter the code shown on your apple device set up page

Now your (non apple) phone/device will disconnect from the wifi network A and connect to another wifi network (temporarily) formed by your apple device.

After about a few good minutes of "preparing for transfer" or "preparing" you will see the options of data that you can transfer to your apple device from your (non apple) phone/device.

Select the relevant things you would like to move and press 'next' / 'done' and leave the devices close to each other till the data transfer is complete.

Good luck!!

Sep 21, 2016 3:55 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Apr 12, 2017 6:08 AM in response to Nickl360 In response to Nickl360

Using a Mi Note Pro to iPhone 6, I can confirm this application ***** big-time....

But be patient before you quit.

Firstly it is disturbing, the iphone connected to Wifi suddenly loses the WiFi and (in my case) switched to the rather weak 4G cell at home... then the Android phone (connected to Wifi) complains about no connection and tests networks...

Airplane mode hasn't worked - we sat 10 minutes. It said it started, stuck at 6%. We tried it 5 times! This *****.

Then, the next attempt we waited 10 minutes and it JUMPED from 6% to 19%

It's not good at updating...

But it worked.

Apr 12, 2017 6:08 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Nickl360

Question: Move to iOS from Android Not Working