Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.0.2 causes iMessage to act weird

I have an iPhone 6 and I just updated to iOS 9.0.2 today. When I send an iMessage to my friends it doesn't say "delivered" underneath the message yet they are still receiving my messages. It will sometimes show after sending one text but then stops showing again. It's really starting to annoy me. I have turned my phone off then back on, done a hard reset, reset networking stuff in settings, and I have turned off iMessage and then turned it back on. Please help me! This is really frustrating 😟

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 5:58 PM

23 replies

Oct 7, 2015 2:32 AM in response to court122

Same issue here, and we are not the only ones, see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios9/comments/3nr696/bug_imessage_not_saying_delivered_ and_sending_as/

It happens only with certain people and even not all the time, sometimes I get the received message properly.

If you have choosen in the settings to switch to SMS instead (if imessage does not work) the messages will turn green although the receiver has got them already as imessage.

This seems because of the fact, the "received" status does not pop up, although the imessage was received properly.

It took me two hours this morning to figure out what's happening with the messages going out to my wife and while most of them turn green although she received them properly 😟

I disabled the "SMS instead of imessage" function now. Now they at least do not turn green and stay blue, but I still get no "received" status on most of them.

I don't know, if that has todo with it, but my wife is still on IOS 8......I tried it with collegues and my daughter, who are running IOS 9 and it was working there....but this might not mean anything, because my daughter can send imessages from her IOS 9 iphone to my wifes IOS 8 phone without any problems...

It must be defintely something on the apple side 😟

I tried to report to Apple Support, but I'm out of the support plan already.....

Oct 7, 2015 3:07 AM in response to bwinter

...and even the worst thing is, what I just checked now. The messages, which turn green then will be handled by the provider as sms, so you actually have to pay for them, although the recipient received already the imessage and the sms would not be needed.

So if you haven't got free sms in your contact, you are screwed 😟

iOS 9.0.2 causes iMessage to act weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.