Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage not indicating delivered

my imessages are not indicating that they are delivered. The person I'm sending them to is receiving them, but there is no delivered stamp at the bottom. Then a couple of minutes later all the messages turn green as if I sent a regular text. I'm using 9.0.2. This problem only seems to be happening when being sent to a select few contacts. I believe that the recipient hasn't updated yet. Could this be a cause for the problem? Is anyone else having the same problem? This only started last night. Before everything was working fine with all contacts.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:08 AM

I am having the same exact problem! With iPhone 6plus 9.02 update!

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 3:21 PM in response to JME1123

I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM AND STARTED LAST NIGHT TOO. UPDATED TO 9.0.2 LAST NIGHT AS WELL AND DID NOT FIX. I HAD TO TURN OFF SMS SO IT WILL NOT KEEP SAYING SENT AS TEXT. SEEMS LIKE IMESSAGE IS WORKING JUST DOESNT SAY IF IT WAS DELIVERED. I CAN SEND IMESSAGE TO MYSELF AND IPAD AND IT SHOWS ITS DELIVERED AND ALL WORKS FINE. NEED TO FIX SO I CAN TURN SMS BACK ON SO ANNOYING

imessage not indicating delivered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.