Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone still using iWeb having issues with El Capitan?

I'm still using iWeb, trying to transition to new platform.

Now having issues with certain parts of pages not showing and I think it has to do with El Capitan.

Anyone else experiencing any problems with iWeb?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 11:26 AM

I have the same problem with text boxes.

40 replies

Oct 10, 2015 2:39 PM in response to ejk3000

Issue seems to be only with with links that have fonts that are modified, for example with shadow. Then the whole text box disappears. If you go back to un modified fonts, everything works (but doesn't look as good). Really a shame as this has been such a useful program. I cannot imagine what OS underlying support could be doing this. Apparently fonts are getting handled differently but only in links!?!

Edit: I think there is simply no more underlying OS support for shadow fonts, at least the way iWeb is expecting them to work.

Oct 30, 2015 9:17 AM in response to cerullistudio

Thanks. Great tip. I had lost all my text box hyperlinks since El Cap was installed. Selecting only the actual text and making that the hyperlink not only worked but allowed me to change the Rollover, Selected, Visited colors. Nice tip. It may be highly simplified and my sites may look like they're from 1998 but I'm not quite ready to bail on iWeb just yet!

Dec 22, 2015 10:45 PM in response to Adam Lobel

Adam:

There seem to be a lot of discussion threads on this topic and I just happened to visit this one. In another thread, we've been sharing a useful and recent discovery about the disappearing linked shapes. If the shape is generated from any other source, such as Pages, and copied into your iWeb page you can achieve the look you want - forget 1998, we'll get you back to 2016. In other words, you can link both the shape and the text in the text box. The only compromise is that the Fill you want has to be applied in the other program [which makes using Pages a natural, because it has similar design attributes]. Once imported into iWeb you can still customize the frame and add any shadows, etc. It's an easy switch. Try it...

Richard

Dec 30, 2015 6:06 AM in response to Richard Bosch

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply in the other thread on the same topic:

Re: How well does iWeb work with El Capitan?

As NowhereMan seemed to feel his question was answered, I thought I'd post my reply here instead.

As per my last post (other thread) I tried the suggestion of publishing locally and then uploading using Cyberduck, but to no avail, the problem persisted. Incidentally, Cyberduck is useful in itself for deleting old files from the server.., those that iWeb leaves behind.

I have also reported the issue to Apple using:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html

Even though iWeb is "no longer supported" it is still included as part of El Capitan, therefore it seems reasonable to expect it to work!

I spent a while yesterday reviewing iWeb alternatives, but as iWeb is still free, & just about working, then it still wins agains the competition. I resorted to re-doing all my links in my web-site..., wasn't too onerous in the end. Thanks for the hint of importing shapes from Pages, when I have more time I might give this a go. However it would be nice if Apple could stick to their motto of "it just works", and make it work!

Fingers crossed!

Dec 30, 2015 9:25 AM in response to BrynXXX

iWeb is NOT included as part of El Capitan - you are mistaken here. If you upgraded your Mac to El Capitan and you still had iWeb from a previous OS, then it will still be there, but iWeb has not been included on new Macs for quite sometime now.

Why should Apple make any unsupported product work? This is just ridiculous - you really need to accept the fact that iWeb has not been updated for the last 6 years and has not been supported for the last 3 to 4 years now, so Apple does not have to fix unsupported products to make them work with newer OS's. You need to accept this fact and move on and realise that iWeb will become less and less compatible with every new OS update that occurs, until there comes a point that it will no longer work at all.

Accept this now and move onto software that is supported.

Anyone still using iWeb having issues with El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.