Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Video not stable on IOS 9.0.2 using Mobile Data

I am using LTE mobile data on my iPad (Model: A1460). I have been using it for Facetime calls to my family for the last 2 years. After I upgraded to IOS 9.0.2, I started to get complain from my family that my video is very slow and keeps fading out.

I tested on another ipad with IOS 9.0.2 using WIFI the call quality was perfect. I even bought a new LTE data sim, hoping that it might resolve the problem but still the issue persists. I guess there is some issue with the changes in Mobily Data APN settings in the ios 9.0.2 which is causing the problem. I have just tried made a change to carrier settings setting it to manual selection; whereby facetime call quality has slightly improved i.e. the video is stable but still very slow.

If someone out there has a solution for this problem please share your solution.

iPad, iOS 9.0.2, null

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:26 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 2:15 PM in response to salmankhan1975

Hi salmankhan1975,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your update to iOS 9.0.2. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. If the slowness in FaceTime appears to be an issue related to your cellular data connection, and possibly specifically to your APN settings, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful, including verifying your APN settings with your carrier if necessary:

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data - Apple Support

iOS: About cellular data network settings (viewing or editing the APN) - Apple Support

Cheers

Oct 11, 2015 1:37 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi,

Thanks for responding, I have checked my APN settings with my carrier nothing wrong there. I have also tested this using a WIFI connection; whereby the result is same. Surprisingly other application such as IMO are working fine.

Another test case that I performed was with same data package sim inserted in portable wifi device; on a FaceTime call with my friend using iPhone6 running IOS 9.0.2 (also connected to the same wifi). result was as following;

Scenario 01: iPad A-1460 IOS 9.0.2 - Call initiator:

1. Party B (iPhone6 IOS 9.0.2) was not able to receive call

2. Party A (iPad A-1460 IOS 9.0.2) getting Facetime not available message after couple of ringing tones

Scenario 02: iPad A-1460 IOS 9.0.2 - Call Receiver:

1. Party A (iPhone6 IOS 9.0.2) reported chopped video and audio

2. Party B (iPad A-1460 IOS 9.0.2) reported no issues in video or audio call

I guess there is some issue with outbound FaceTime data traffic on IOS 9.0.2 specifically on iPad 4th generation. Same issue was reported on Apple discussion forum. I came across some threads that state same issue faced on iPad 4. (see following thread) IOS 9 FaceTime Bug

Also I have reported this issue at apple bug reporter id is 23063601 with Facetime call logs in attachment.(https://bugreport.apple.com/problem/viewproblem)

Regards,

Salman

Oct 17, 2015 2:58 PM in response to salmankhan1975

Hi Salman,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing these issues. Given the nature of the issues you are describing and your current configuration, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Regards

Facetime Video not stable on IOS 9.0.2 using Mobile Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.